How's the CB1100 selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked at one yesterday, $8999.00 CDN.
    1978 Gs1085 compliments of Popy Yosh, Bandit 1200 wheels and front end, VM33 Smoothbores, Yosh exhaust, braced frame, ported polished head
    1983 Gs1100ESD, rebuild finished! Body paintwork happening winter 2017

I would rather trust my bike to a technician that reads the service manual than some backyardigan that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by chucksuki View Post
      Wasn't there a non-US Suzuki retro that was made to compete with the new CB a year or two ago? Anyone remember this? I swear I read about it but now I can't find anything on the interwebs about it.
      GSX 1400
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Wasn't there a non-US Suzuki retro that was made to compete with the new CB a year or two ago? Anyone remember this? I swear I read about it but now I can't find anything on the interwebs about it.
        Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
        GSX 1400
        I don't think that GSX "competes" with the CB1100. I think it blows it's doors off in every way.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by rob s. View Post
          i don't think that gsx "competes" with the cb1100. I think it blows it's doors off in every way.
          agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
          87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
          99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
          15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
            GSX 1400

that's it! beautiful!! I'm sure it blows the doors off a lot of things

Comment

that's it! beautiful!! I'm sure it blows the doors off a lot of things
              It's only 105 hp, though that does come with 93 lb ft of torque. Does low 11's in the quarter. I imagine its roll-ons would be good.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Wow, all that bike for low 11s? My 78 750 does that, pretty sure my 1000 will do better

Comment

Wow, all that bike for low 11s? My 78 750 does that, pretty sure my 1000 will do better
                  From April 1979 Cycle World:

GS 750EN: 1/4 mile 12.72 @ 103.80 mph

March 1978 Cycle World:

GS 1000: 1/4 mile 11.83 @ 112.07

Are your bikes modified?
                  Last edited by Rob S.; 06-11-2015, 05:39 AM.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Or this.....
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

They are not stock, no. It's a 78 750 brat style with straight stacks no filters, rejetted carbs, dyna s with green coils. ss breaklines and completely redone wire harness. I have not had it on the track yet but I'm hitting 120 by the end of the 1/4 mile stretch I have measured on the road behind my neighborhood. The 79 1000 is hitting 125 in the same stretch. Same deal with the 79 except stock air box and k&n filter.

Comment

Ageed, I would think it should do better than just low 11's. Especially with today's technology.
                        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Both bikes have lost a significant amount of weight also

Comment

1000 also has 1100 aluminum swing arm and custom pressed hagons on the back. progessives in the front. a 79 750l tail instead of the much heavier 1000l tail. 4 to 1 exhaust. yeah, i think I've gotten about as much out of it as i can without getting too crazy

Comment

oh, chain conversion too

Comment

They are not stock, no. It's a 78 750 brat style with straight stacks no filters, rejetted carbs, dyna s with green coils. ss breaklines and completely redone wire harness. I have not had it on the track yet but I'm hitting 120 by the end of the 1/4 mile stretch I have measured on the road behind my neighborhood. The 79 1000 is hitting 125 in the same stretch. Same deal with the 79 except stock air box and k&n filter.
                                Why don't you run filters? Do you like running dirt through your engine?

Comment

Working...
                                X