Has anyone seen CAFEKID(Josh)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
    Garth, I would think a simple note warning to use due diligence when dealing with a particular person would negate any legal ramifications.

Enough said.
    Well, apparently not, because it left me wondering how long it was supposed to take, and for how long he's been trying to contact Josh. He never said it was supposed to be done in 2 weeks and it's been 4 months of no returned calls. I can easily imagine it was supposed to be after the weather warmed up, and it's been a week of no contact. But I just don't know what's really the case.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Dogma, I agree fully with what you are saying.

But, and its a qualified one. The sequence of events that occurred the last time someone had dealings with him - combined with this event leads me to draw one one conclusion. He's not to be trusted.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
        I had a guy owe me 1500 bucks, I waited for him at his house, when he got home, he got in my car (he had no choice) we went to the ATM and he pulled out my money, I let him walk home, it was a good 45 minute walk.....I got my money....
        Do all banks in Canada let you take $1500 out of the ATM at one pop? Is there a maximum amount? Every bank I have traded with including my current one had a $300/day limit. I think all banks in the U.S. have a restriction somewhere around that number.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

It would depend on the bank. I had to change my limit to $2000 once, because I was expecting to make a withdrawal for a purchase at a time when the bank would not be open...it is safer to have a daily limit though, because if you do get jacked, there is a limited amount that can be withdrawn.
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
            Do all banks in Canada let you take $1500 out of the ATM at one pop? Is there a maximum amount? Every bank I have traded with including my current one had a $300/day limit. I think all banks in the U.S. have a restriction somewhere around that number.
            I think the daily withdrawal limit is calculated by the bank. It is related to your credit rating.
            I can only do 1000 per day so I guess I am poor.

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              I wonder if legal ramifications have anything to do with Frank's decisions regarding the Deadbeat list ? Though Frank owns the site and has every right to set the rules, could slander still come into play ? I think a specific thread giving reviews like Trip Adviser does would be just as affective and much safer from a legal point of view. Of course I can't say I'm familiar with US law on this issue....
              In Canada with our Human Rights Tribunals. A "deadbeat" may have a leg to stand on. In 'Murica…. I doubt it. It all depends on how the wording of the post goes.

If Frank said "In the opinion of GSR ______ cannot be trusted to do work on motorcycles" or something like this. Frank would be fine.. If he wrote "___________ is a lying sack of poup who can't be trusted to give you the time of day" He may be in a little more trouble.

Also, It would be considered libel, not slander. Slander is spoken. Libel is written.

Comment

Originally posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
                Also, It would be considered libel, not slander. Slander is spoken. Libel is written.
                But what if he says it out loud in front of the dog and the dog turns states evidence on him using the ol' one woof for he said it instead of two that he didn't in front of the magistrate?

Lesson to learned here: Just to be sure, always give the dog a scrap of your bacon so he sticks to the I didn't see or hear nuttin' story!
                "Just Ducky, Thanks!"

Where I've ridden.

Comment

Originally posted by RageZro View Post
                  But what if he says it out loud in front of the dog and the dog turns states evidence on him using the ol' one woof for he said it instead of two that he didn't in front of the magistrate?

Lesson to learned here: Just to be sure, always give the dog a scrap of your bacon so he sticks to the I didn't see or hear nuttin' story!
                  You have a smart dog. I give my dog lots of bacon and she still gets confused, can't keep the story straight. I think she's just playing me for more bacon.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by StubbornDutchman View Post
                    In Canada with our Human Rights Tribunals. A "deadbeat" may have a leg to stand on. In 'Murica…. I doubt it. It all depends on how the wording of the post goes.

If Frank said "In the opinion of GSR ______ cannot be trusted to do work on motorcycles" or something like this. Frank would be fine.. If he wrote "___________ is a lying sack of poup who can't be trusted to give you the time of day" He may be in a little more trouble.

Good thing the first one sounds more like the way Frank rolls.
                    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

NO, since you asked

it was a business account not a personal one

most are limited to 500 per day, you can ask for an increase to 1000 but that is rare, however.....

A business account is not the same as a personal account, and these are up to 2000 per day, if that is how you set it up with the bank you deal with.

I had a business client card as well with a 2000 dollar limit, if I was out getting tooling or something for the shop for the CNC machine and I did not have an account with the place I was buying from 500 bucks was not going to get me almost nothing....

Last edited by Guest; 03-31-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

NO, since you asked

it was a business account not a personal one

most are limited to 500 per day, you can ask for an increase to 1000 but that is rare, however.....

A business account is not the same as a personal account, and these are up to 2000 per day, if that is how you set it up with the bank you deal with.

I had a business client card as well with a 2000 dollar limit, if I was out getting tooling or something for the shop for the CNC machine and I did not have an account with the place I was buying from 500 bucks was not going to get me almost nothing....

I understand completely ; cash basis accounting.

Comment

Cash is king......no paper trail....

however a client card leaves you with a paper trail, so not so good at hiding....

Comment

Cash is king......no paper trail....

however a client card leaves you with a paper trail, so not so good at hiding....

You might want to take a computer class and delete that last post before a google crawler grabs it.

Comment

LOL

not worried.....no more business, I now work for others.....LOL

Comment

Don, when I lived in Montreal, I had my bank set a daily ATM withdrawal limit of $1000. I could have set it higher if I wanted. The credit union I am a member of here has an inflexible limit of $300 for ATM withdrawals.

Comment

Working...
                                X