81 kz1000m1 low engine speed stutter/stumble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 kz1000m1 low engine speed stutter/stumble

so time i talked about this thing on this forum since the kawa sites that i'm on aren't much help. i took the carbs apart for their 2nd strip and dip and replaced the throttle shaft seals since i was having a vacuum leak on carb #2(bs34ss carbs). i have absolutely 0 leaks that i can find (using starter fluid shot at any vacuum point/joint). in neutral and idle, there is a very minor stutter from 1000-1400rpm, but good after that. under any load from a stop, she stutters/stumbles something aweful unless i'm utilizing the friction zone to get both bike speed up and engine speed past 3k rpm. going down the road, anything under 3k results in a stutter/stumble until i get above 3k, then it's all sunshine, daisies, and danger zone! so far as i can tell, this bike is stock EXCEPT for the dyna s kit i had to install since the ignitor failed hard core on me right after i bought it(had i known about building an ignitor out of gm hei mods, i would have done that), WG relay mod, and a kz cop exhaust since it came with a 4-1 exhaust and i prefer the look of the 4-2 exhaust. but here's the kicker, the exhaust has the baffles cut out of it. so, improper jetting, or is there something else i need to look at as well? i'm considering going back to the old ignition and building an ignitor since the one i built for Shelah is working ridiculously great. i also need to get another set of the dyna mean greens, since the ones i put on Shelah were originally meant for Sarge

Figured it out after another test ride. It was the factory coils. I took off the dyna greens off the 650g and back on the kz and it ran awesome

Comment

Working...
    X