1979 suzuki rv50 wiring: request for information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 suzuki rv50 wiring: request for information

I have acquired a 1972 rv50. The year in the title is wrong, but I do not know how to edit the header. The wiring is a mess. I am starting with the charging system. The main harness coming to the charging system is not connected and original connectors have been modified and/or replaced with soldered ends. Wire color integrity has not been preserved. Basically, there are five wires in the main harness serving the charging system. These wires are yellow with a red stripe (Y/R), yellow (Y), green with a white stripe (G/W), green (G), and black (B). With the exception of the black which is soldered to the condenser, I do not know where the other wires connect. There are two charging coils (components wrapped with fine copper wire). One of these coils has three separate connections, two comming off one end of the coil and the other coming off the center of the coil. It is my impression that all wires in the main harness connect to this coil, but again I do not know which color goes where. The remaining charging coil has a single wire coming off the central aspect, which like the black wire in the main harness, is soldered to the condensor. If anyone has any information, I would appreciate their input.

Thanks,

Gerard
    Last edited by Guest; 09-30-2014, 09:33 AM. Reason: wrong year

Check out the Suzuki two stroke forum: http://www.suzuki2strokes.com

They have wiring diagrams.

Your bike may have a half-wave rectifier plus a two-circuit electrical system, where some components run on AC & others run on DC.

Comment

I checked out the site. They do not seem to have the information I am looking for. Thanks for the reference.

Comment

Its obviously up to you, but you are more likely to get a useful answer if you join that forum and ask your questions there.

Electrical problems on some other RV-series bikes were addressed in that forum.
        Those bikes have a half-wave rectifier plus a two-circuit electrical system, where some components run on AC & others run on DC.
        That's very different than what the GS-series bikes have.

Comment

Working...
        X