Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning on a Big purchase Bking or Vmax?... or Other options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
    You can get more than 100 miles out of a tank of gas on a new VMAX, I don't know where you heard that but that's poppycock. I've heard 110-120. Compared to the 80 miles on my ZL900 Eliminator, that's an upgrade! LOL.
    Here's 1 article I read about it, Link:

The Quote
    The only big disappointment with the VMAX is its abysmal sub 100-mile range. We limped into re-fuel at 87 miles on one occasion. 87 miles! There’s a price to pay for gobs of power and on the VMAX it was a 23mpg efficiency. With the 4-gallon tank (located under the seat), you do the math. We found the gas-guzzling amusing during our brief time with the Max, but double-digit range dims the fun factor
    I'm sure that was heavy on the throttle riding too... But DAMN that's a thirsty 1700!
    Last edited by Jedz123; 03-29-2015, 09:15 PM.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Trust me, I've read about it on the VMAX forum. The guys that hammer them constantly are less than a hundred, guys that just ride "normally" can stretch to 120 or so. I never got more than 120 out my B-King, so it's not a big deal. The 1st generation cruising range is about the same. Not a consideration or factor in my decision, one way or another. I'm ready for a stretch at 100 miles!
      Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Trust me, I've read about it on the VMAX forum. The guys that hammer them constantly are less than a hundred, guys that just ride "normally" can stretch to 120 or so. I never got more than 120 out my B-King, so it's not a big deal. The 1st generation cruising range is about the same. Not a consideration or factor in my decision, one way or another. I'm ready for a stretch at 100 miles!
        Got it!
        I don't want to be Mr. Miss-information tonight. 120 miles isn't that bad... I'm looking around 135 miles with my B-King. I'm just lumbering with it now... (Still keep it in A mode though don't worry ) Occasional high speed stint. I didn't buy the B-K to be a fuel efficient machine... Just a fun daily ridden one.

As of now I see about 35MPG, my Yaris gets better gas but it's no way as much fun.
        Last edited by Jedz123; 03-29-2015, 09:48 PM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Maybe you need one of these:

"Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
            OMG... That is the coolest Yaris ever made!!!

Thanks for the share Pilot!!! That's frickin' cool!!!

Mine isn't a hybrid, just a normal ole' 3 door hatch with a doggy 1.5L matted to a 5 speed. Puts out about half the WHP my B-king puts out...

Everyone thinks my car is hybrid though... Nope.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

My ex drove a Yaris. I called it "the Egg" and frequently told her it would be fun to set it up as a rally car, at least in appearance. It could do the Paris Tufar Rallye.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Well, I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a brand new 2015 VMAX! Picking it up Saturday in Pelham, Alabama, closest dealer I could find that had one, 12 hour round trip! Can't wait to get her home!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Well, I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on a brand new 2015 VMAX!
                  It's about friggin' time! I never saw anybody with such a wimpy stable as yours.

You'll finally have a bike that can do the speed limit, maybe even keep up with traffic. I figured eventually you'd get tired of being beaten by mopeds.

Congratulations, ride her in health, and please share many pictures with us.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

A very cool bike, though aesthetically even more odd than its predecessor. I hate the space between the rear fender and the tire, and that exhaust is as ugly as the B-King's.
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

I always thought the 1st V-Max was the best looking. The latest ones seem to me to have a very high finish quality,tho, and really look aggressive.

Comment

At least the intake scoops are no longer phony!
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I remember when some fellow had worked to create functioning scoops for the first gen, only to find he couldn't make them provide more power. Cornells's VGAS was an amazing upgrade. I never did it to mine (had the Stage 7 kit with a K&N and a full exhaust, but no other power adders; Lots of suspension work, though), but heard a bike with it and the UFO exhaust. Made mine sound tame and had horsepower and torque mine couldn't touch. The new bike makes even that seem somewhat mild, but it's a huge pig of a bike with a miniscule range. It is more like a demonic Sportster than an open road burner.
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Wow, what a awesome motorcycle. I bet that will peg the fun meter. Good luck on getting that smile off your face, it will be permanent all summer long. Congratulations!
                            My Motorcycles:
                            22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                            22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                            82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                            81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)
                            80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I wonder what the horse power is on a new VMax?
                              My Motorcycles:
                              22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                              22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                              82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                              81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                              79 1000e (all original)
                              82 850g (all original)
                              80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                                I wonder what the horse power is on a new VMax?
                                I think the original second gen claim was 191 or 194.

Comment

Working...
                                X