Maybe my next "ugly" bike...lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe my next "ugly" bike...lol

MoreBikes.co.uk features all the latest motorcycle news, reviews, events and kit. Get latest bike launch reports as they happen; kit reviews; events; know-how and compelling blogs to enjoy every day. You’ll find a mixture of the best photography, great videos, and the hottest kit news before anyone else.

No signature

I like it, reminds me of my friend's excellent KTM adventure. But I would surely kill myself with 180 hp.

Comment

I like the sound but $30,000?
      Shown in motion here for the first time, the 2015 Motus MST and MSTR are comfortable sportbikes built in Alabama. Powered by mighty 1650cc V4 Baby Block engi...
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I've heard about these guys too. The torque numbers are amazing, kind of a niche market, but I'd sure like to see them succeed. There are two negatives going against the bike, the price - $30,000 US, for us Canadians, I think that's about $38,000 CDN. Also, it is chain drive, believe it or not, one of the demographics they are catering to is sport/touring. Being one of those guys, I know that sport/tourers like shafties. That's a little nitpicking, I like the concept and really hope it is able to be successful.
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Is it me or is the stance just a little bit awkward, not quite as forward, not quite upright. Looks a little uncomfortable - maybe it's the bars, the rider seems a little between hunched over and upright and look where his brake foot is.

Then again Trevor, if you like it (and more importantly, your wife won't murder you in your sleep for bringing home yet ANOTHER bike) more power to ya!
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Cycle World first looked at Motus several years ago. Interesting...pushrods.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

FTS not even a tiny bit interested. My next ugly bike

Pike's Peak anyone?

Comment

A Motus would be so BA, but do they even produce these for sale? I live in the middle of nowhere so obviously I wouldn't even know where to go to look at one. 180HP is usable Clutchthirty, it's all about self control and no using more then 1/3 throttle unless there is dry pavement

That torque curve... Ah hell, that torque line is Awesome!!! Makes my B-king look torque-less.

Trevor if you follow this endeavor I wish you luck! I can't decide which one is uglier, your K or the Motus...
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                Originally posted by Hayabuser
                Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                  A Motus would be so BA, but do they even produce these for sale? I live in the middle of nowhere so obviously I wouldn't even know where to go to look at one. 180HP is usable Clutchthirty, it's all about self control and no using more then 1/3 throttle unless there is dry pavement

That torque curve... Ah hell, that torque line is Awesome!!! Makes my B-king look torque-less.

Trevor if you follow this endeavor I wish you luck! I can't decide which one is uglier, your K or the Motus...
                  Ahh I'm a big talker. lol...besides not sure what this bike could do that mine doesn't already do.
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Ahh I'm a big talker. lol...besides not sure what this bike could do that mine doesn't already do.
                    Uh it's pretty obvious Trevor it could be less reliable and harder to get parts for... Coin toss if they'd be more expensive though

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      LOl, Honestly other then the unique flying V4 sound note, think the list would be near 0. Oh maybe eat more chain lube and drive chain components, and double your monthly payment...

All I got buddy.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bluewool View Post
                        Uh it's pretty obvious Trevor it could be less reliable and harder to get parts for... Coin toss if they'd be more expensive though
                        Lol..Andrew you are right about the coin toss. Although I doubt I would be able to get a 6 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                        LOl, Honestly other then the unique flying V4 sound note, think the list would be near 0. Oh maybe eat more chain lube and drive chain components, and double your monthly payment...

All I got buddy.
                        Lol...yeah my payment is big enough as it is.
                        No signature

Comment

Working...
                        X