Ryca kits for the Savage 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryca kits for the Savage 650

FantomView augmented reality (AR) for automotive and powersports. The future of vehicle customization.

Maybe this has been on the forum before... but,

Saw Jay Leno do a spot on his Garage show on Youtube on these Ryca guys.

Cafe bikes aren't really my thing but they have a standard and a scrambler model too.

Pretty good use for old Savage bikes. And maybe less people will chop up four cylinder GS bikes. Well, excluding the 'L' models... Yow.

Well now you just caused the Savage guys to start complaining about chopping up Savages

Comment

Originally posted by jeffgs View Post
      Well now you just caused the Savage guys to start complaining about chopping up Savages
      Maybe, but better them than a four cylinder non-L GS.

The GS bikes set records, they dominated bike racing for more than a decade and they have a dedicated following. The Savages would seem to be most useful as fodder for the guys that want a doofus hipster type cafe bike at a reasonable cost.

I have to admit I kind of dig the scrambler version.

Comment

That Scrambler is a sweet design-very elemental and faithful.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

I also saw some guys called CCW selling an interesting 250 for about $3500.

I used to dismiss small single cylinder bikes until I lived on a place where a 250 was a 'big' bike. My 150cc endure type bike was fine with a passenger and would do 45 even when loaded. When three of us rode from Juba to Kampala my buddy had a GPS and it said he did 62 at one point in the trip. Probably a bit down hill, but still.

I had an XR250 and kept up with most in any group. Of course the big bore KTMs would crush me on any straight.

One of the main problems with small displacement bikes is that they are typically sized physically smaller too. At just over six feet I fit better on a little bit larger bike.

That Ryca Scrambler bike with its air cooled 650 single looks like a nice compromise.

I did see a '63 Honda CL250 Scrambler type bike for about $3500. If you valued vintage over function an older scrambler might be the way.

Comment

That cafe does something for me. I'd absolutely use that for an around town blaster. I was looking at the sportster kit awhile back but I'd kick my own a $$ for riding a Hardley. Savages are cheap money up here to the tune of about 1500 for a ready to daily rider. The cost of that ryca kit is a bit of a breaker though. Fully optioned you are looking at 4800 on top of the bike. Ouch. You could probably build it from scratch for less.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

The Savage was designed for children.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

What he said, I rode one and it was the most boring motorcycle I have ever rode. That cafe kit looks cool but if it goes like the Savage, no thanks.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

What makes it boring? You being someone who is known to enjoy the smaller twins I'd value your input on the subject tkent.
                  Ryca Motorcycle CS-1 Cafe Racer Kit. Are you a pretty good wrench who wants a lightweight commuter with a sleek cafe look? Do you love custom bikes? Check ou...
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X