GSX550EF Fairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX550EF Fairings

I have two brand new GSF550EF fairings that fair in both sides of the GS550ES and mount with dzus fasteners. I probably have the bike numbers screwed up but I believe these fairings were a low production type used on bikes in Canada and Australia. What do you think these might be worth on today's market. I also have the frame pieces that mount the fairings to the frame. Thanks

Magnafique

pictures might help, the smaller bikes don't normally command huge prices. Hell even the big bikes don't unless it is a Kat or Cooley

Comment

Originally posted by Magnafique View Post
      I have two brand new GSF550EF fairings that fair in both sides of the GS550ES and mount with dzus fasteners. I probably have the bike numbers screwed up but I believe these fairings were a low production type used on bikes in Canada and Australia. What do you think these might be worth on today's market. I also have the frame pieces that mount the fairings to the frame. Thanks

Magnafique
      I'd want to see what kind of shape they are in, but it's hard to tell what the market would bear on those.

On another note, there are a couple of people looking for fairings on the west coast, so you mightn't have a problem finding a problem. Post them with pictures in the For Sale sub forum. Stock sidecovers with pinstriping go for about $75.00 each...estimate from there and be prepared to negotiate
      '83 GS650G
      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

HAHaha unobtanium! if they are pristine 300 a side easy.
        IF not do a search on finished ebay sales to gauge what the market has dictated in the recent past.

Comment

Gsx550ef

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
          HAHaha unobtanium! if they are pristine 300 a side easy.
          IF not do a search on finished ebay sales to gauge what the market has dictated in the recent past.

Well I have decided to keep these still in the packaging fairings and put them on my GS550ES that I have decided to cleanup and repaint. Thanks for the input all.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Magnafique View Post
            Well I have decided to keep these still in the packaging fairings and put them on my GS550ES that I have decided to cleanup and repaint. Thanks for the input all.

Tom
            Ahhhh. Now the man is thinking. LOL. Best use I can think of for them. Good luck with the project.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

GSX550EF Fairings

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              Ahhhh. Now the man is thinking. LOL. Best use I can think of for them. Good luck with the project.
              Thanks much for the wishes. I'll see if I can post some pics of the fairings. I searched for over two years and finally found these of all
              places in Telaviv (sp) Israel. Brand new and still in plastic packaging's. I began to fade on this project until an old friend offered to help me reassemble it this coming winter in my shop. My other bike is a 1995 VF750 Magna. Best Regards

Magnafique

Comment

I think I know the place where you bought them. I've picked up one or two things from them over the last couple of years myself.

Looking forward to the pictures. You can post multiple, full-size pics by using a web-host like Photobucket
                '83 GS650G
                '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                X