80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    78 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
    78 GS 1000E--the Skunk under construction
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958 Ducati 98 Tourismo
    END QUOTE

Ah, now I see your post #52

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
      Lar, see post #68
      I did see that post but he never mentioned getting a test ride. Sitting on one at the dealership does not constitute a test ride.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

FJR was probably my favorite motorcycle before I totaled it at 82ish thousand miles. Utterly comfortable, fast, mile eater. Excellent handling as well. Dangit now I want another one

Comment

I'm going to check out a 2012 FJR on Thursday this week. It has a few nice add on's. Heated Corbin seat, Givi travel trunk, crash bars... it has 28,000 miles on it. The fellow wants $8,400 for it. It's not new, it does not have the six speed transmission, it does not have the LED lighting. It is about $4000 less expensive than the leftover 2016. But what's 4G's at this point... decisions decisions.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by storm 64; 01-22-2018, 10:15 PM.
          My Motorcycles:
          22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
          22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
          82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
          81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
          79 1000e (all original)
          82 850g (all original)
          80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
            . But what's 4G's at this point... decisions decisions.
            A sixth gear.... And Cruise.
            For the Price don't keep the Connie out of view. Touch heavier but IMHO the better bike. Just kinda cheapy in certain areas. Has a 6-speed every year, bigger ZX-14 hyper bike based Mill with VV-T. The ZG is faster but not much. Just more potential for big power.
            But the FJR is an awesome bike. If I lived with more wide open space I'd consider one. My ZG1400 was very similar, ate miles at illegal speeds all day, everyday!
            Best of luck on your purchase, I look forward to seeing it this year
            Last edited by Jedz123; 01-23-2018, 08:55 AM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

It's looking to be another stellar riding season... I've never owned a Yammer Hammer. The last modern motorcycle I had was a 95 BMW r1100rs. So this 2012 FJ will be all new to me. Come on warmer weather. 🌞
              My Motorcycles:
              79 1000e (all original)
              82 850g (all original)

Comment

It's looking to be another stellar riding season... I've never owned a Yammer Hammer. The last modern motorcycle I had was a 95 BMW r1100rs. So this 2012 FJ will be all new to me. Come on warmer weather. ��
                Congratulations! I have ridden the FJ many times. However, the one I rode was 26 years older than yours!

Good luck and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                  Congratulations! I have ridden the FJ many times. However, the one I rode was 26 years older than yours!

Good luck and enjoy it.
                  Thanks Vmass, The motorcycle is still in the guys garage in Dover Ohio, about 90 miles away from me. It's cold and snowy all this week in northern Ohio. I'm hoping to pick it up in a week or two. I really don't want to trailer it home. I figure if I bundle up, I can make the ride home. Heck if Jedz can ride in 30/40 degree weather, so can I. Haha
                  My Motorcycles:
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)

Comment

I have a friend that has one. He put almost 75,000 miles on it in a couple of years. The only complaint he had was a problem with the automatic transmission/shifter. I think it locked up on him in a couple of scary situations. Once at a busy intersection. It won't move once that happens. I'm not sure of the exact terminology for what went wrong, but he doesn't feel confident on it enough and he wants to sell it.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

I'm hoping to bring my new motorcycle home tomorrow. Rain today, 70's tomorrow with a 30% chance of rain... I went to visit the machine yesterday. With the Bar Backs and Corbin Seat this motorcycle fits me like a glove. I tippy toe a little bit, but I've been a tippy toer my whole life so that's not a problem. 😀 Yesterday, the guy kept throwing things in the trunk. Factory Service Manual, Oil Filters, Touch up paint, a Tank Bag... A real nice fellow he is. 👍
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Congrats on the bike!!! Look forward to seeing some pictures!
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                          There's a 15 FJR1300A near me with just a couple thousand miles on it. Comes with Sargent and top case as well guards. $10900.

I'm tempted, the wife wants me to get a bigger bike.
                          But you need to hit 400K on your FZ1
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
                            There's a 15 FJR1300A near me with just a couple thousand miles on it. Comes with Sargent and top case as well guards. $10900.

I'm tempted, the wife wants me to get a bigger bike.
                            Yeah, I know the one you're talking about. This one I'm getting already has the modifications done to it. That was it's selling point for me. There's a new 2016 not to far from me, I thought about it at 12,500. It would have tapped me. I need $$ for vacation this summer.☺

Plus if I'm going to be running with Jedz this summer, I knew I had to step it up a notch! ��

Plus I can't wait to smoke some BMW's. haha
                            Last edited by storm 64; 02-19-2018, 11:02 PM.
                            My Motorcycles:
                            79 1000e (all original)
                            82 850g (all original)

Comment

Yeah, I know the one you're talking about. This one I'm getting already has the modifications done to it. That was it's selling point for me. There's a new 2016 not to far from me, I thought about it at 12,500. It would have tapped me. I need $$ for vacation this summer.☺

Plus if I'm going to be running with Jedz this summer, I knew I had to step it up a notch! ��

Plus I can't wait to smoke some BMW's. haha
                              HAHAHA Norm you could bring a GS500F and keep up with me if I'm on the Harley.
                              I took the FZ6 into work and it is SOOOO Much faster than the Harley it's stupid. Ugh I have a bad feeling I'm going to get some buyers remorse this year.
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

God you guys, a friend of mine is trying to sell me his 2016 FJR, 11,000 miles on it and it is a beaut! $12,000 Yup, girl friend is wanting to get a bigger bike, my 750 is a touch small for us.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X