Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Bandit, Which Forum Should I Join

Hey there Comrades,
    I'm on my way to look at, and likely purchase an 07 Bandit 1250S (AK7). I was hoping some of you Bandit enthusiasts could point me in the right direction as far as which forum I should join. I'd love to find a forum that shares the same vibe as this forum here. Not looking to get in with a bunch of kids who are pimping their rides left and right. I'm not looking to heavily modify this bike or do anything crazy. I just want to find a group of intelligent folks like the folks here.
    Thanks
    -Charlie

EDIT: I have purchased the bike. Here's a super dorky Photo 2016-06-08 (2).jpg
    Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2016, 12:18 PM.

I would just stay here. Like you said, there are lots of Bandit riders already here, and the combined "Hive Mind" of the GSR members can get you through pretty much any technical difficulties you might run into.
    sigpic

SUZUKI:
    1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
    HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
    KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
    YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

Brett is correct, I belong to several forums and have visited many more and the GSR contains and continues to attract quality people. The Bandit was the logical next step from the GS line. This is the place to hang out.
      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Valid points Marvin and Griffin. I suspected I'd hear something along those lines.

Comment

I used to frequent Maximum-Suzuki.com but it has been pretty dead lately. I just sold my Bandit, but everything about it is like a GS1150 more or less. Great bike, mine was just not ergonomically correct for a short fat old man. I ended up selling it to a short fat old man who liked the Gen2 better than his Gen3

Lot of Bandit guys on twtex.com as well. GSR is by far the best. We actually get together and do stuff like ride bikes, drink beer, and argue. Great fun.
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

The one thing to be ready for when you get a B-12.5 is the lack of maintenance. Not saying there will be none but get ready for a lifetime of just fluid changes, tire changes, chain cleaning... It's a very low maintenance bike. Great rig! If there was a shaft drive variant I would have considered that as the daily ride... Fuel Injection is the bee's knees. Also if you ever did want to go down the performance route Holeshot makes everything but the steel wheels to make a B-12.5 pull like freight train!

Good luck! Just stay here. It's the best forum by far for most things Suzuki. We got the best forum members around!
            Last edited by Jedz123; 06-08-2016, 07:16 AM.
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Welcome the new pony to the stables. I brought it home last night. I've been checking out some of the forums you guys have mentioned. So far TWT has been the most appealing. I'm still thinking I will find the most reliable help from the folks here at GSR.
              The bike was originally from CA, moved to TX in 2012, and then moved here to MI in 2014. It has a couple things that need a little attention (corrosion on wheels, poorly wired aftermarket lights, front cowl has an annoying vibration, battery box has a broken bolt, and tail light is missing a bolt). I'm sure there are more undiscovered odds and ends, but I plan on tearing into it this weekend to straighten out what I can.
              Next weekend I'll be pulling the wheels off, powdercoating them, and replacing the wheel bearings(have to pull bearings out anyway in order to powdercoat).
              Can't wait to get this thing spruced back up.
              Any advice on luggage systems for this vehicle?
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out holeshot for lots of bandit 1250 goodies.

I just ordered the holeshot/corbin touring seat for mine yesterday. The stocker was pretty uncomfortable. I'll be getting a knock off corbin backrest for the two up riding we are planning on.

They offer a top case mounting system that looks appealing.

For side cases, the usual suspects such as givi among others are available.

Lots of the aftermarket stuff other than holeshot accessories seems to be coming out of the UK. However, Google and Amazon have revealed some in the states options.

Nic
                83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

The forums focusing on the bandits especially the 1250 model are hit or miss.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...nQSOlBU6o5ouQw

It's UK based, buts seems more active than the others. I registered for maximum suzuki, but as of yet have not heard back from an administrator.

The gsresources people are a better resource so far.

Nic
                  83 GS1100ES rebuild:

Budget GSXR Conversion:

Comment

Awesome. Thanks Nic. Good info about the seat too! I was riding around last night thinking how much I miss my 77 GS750 seat . I was planning to look into something a little more comfortable since I'll also be touring with the bike and my lady.
                    I've already got a pretty nice top case that I was going to use on my 750 but never really had the need since I never felt the desire to drive that bike too far from home. I ordered the Givi mono rack arms to mount my case to.
                    Thanks!

Comment

A lot of bandit owners go the route of sargent seats.

I've always been a corbin fan (had them on most of my bikes)

Prices are comparable between the two makers if bought new. I like the look of the holeshot corbin a bit more than sargent. Will have to see how it feels though.

Nic
                      83 GS1100ES rebuild:

Budget GSXR Conversion:

Comment

You'll Have to keep me posted how you like it. I've never had experience with aftermarket seats.

Comment

I would like to suggest Cycle World Forums for two reasons -

1. There are only a handful of people there, so you can be King!
                          2. One of the handful of people, Bandit88, has carnal knowledge of the machine you lust.

As long as it's a 1200, that is.

Now that I think about it, better off staying here - broader knowledge base.

Those few at that forum can sometimes be a more than a handful.....

Comment

Working...
                          X