No announcement yet.

1993 GSX-R-750... Any insight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once I get my CBR900 squared away we need to get together and run the Kanc. I just drove it in the family cage (SUV) today and now I'm salivating to get back down there on the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFocus603 View Post
      Once I get my CBR900 squared away we need to get together and run the Kanc. I just drove it in the family cage (SUV) today and now I'm salivating to get back down there on the bike.
      Sure I could be down for that... As long as I get the time to ride again any time soon... I'm booked nearly every weekend from now till the GSR GMR in VT.

I'll go anywhere on this thing now since the standard bar conversion...

She's a full on Hoolagan now... I compare it to a Bandit but way more edgy and responsive... In everything. The way a bandit should be. But hell yeah I could do a couple hundred miles on this thing now, no problem.

I'd say the closest thing I can compare to it is a FZ6... But lighter... and with more balls.
      Last edited by Jedz123; 06-27-2016, 11:37 PM.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        Sure I could be down for that... As long as I get the time to ride again any time soon... I'm booked nearly every weekend from now till the GSR GMR in VT.

I'll go anywhere on this thing now since the standard bar conversion...

She's a full on Hoolagan now... I compare it to a Bandit but way more edgy and responsive... In everything. The way a bandit should be. But hell yeah I could do a couple hundred miles on this thing now, no problem.

I'd say the closest thing I can compare to it is a FZ6... But lighter... and with more balls.
        You better get to work on those chicken strips there Jedz!!
        No signature

Comment

I just cruised tonight Trev...
          Oh did I mention the Gixxer came with brand new tires???
          I go into DMV tomorrow, once 100% legal I'll be out racking and pushing this puppy hard in the turns.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Pretty bike (despite the gawky high bars ) Jedz! If you were closer, we could ride the two Jurassic Gixxers together!
            2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
            2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

I just cruised tonight Trev...
              Oh did I mention the Gixxer came with brand new tires???
              I go into DMV tomorrow, once 100% legal I'll be out racking and pushing this puppy hard in the turns.
              Just giving you the gears buddy. "100% legal"?
              No signature

Comment

Living in Rural Vermont does have its advantages. Usually I can rack 50-100 miles or so on a motorcycle after a swap to see if it's worth keeping or not....Really no LEOs to give me grief... This ones a keeper for sure, so I just have to make the 40 mile trek to my closest DMV in big $hittty city of Rutland to officially transfer the registration. I swapped (plus was given a sizeable cash deposit) for my 100% legal VTX1800 for it. Once I get the plate/registration transfer cleared stop by my guys at Procycle in North Clarendon to get it inspected and boom 100% legal... Bike needs nothing so it won't be a chore... They may need to do a VIN check it though...

Dave, I've always wanted to make it out that way to ride with you guys... Unfortunately being able to do so has always been a challenge. With my position at work getting time off during the big events (Commencement and Reunion weeks) is an impossibility. Would love to go to a PNW meet... Maybe I should just fly out one of these days and just bum a bike .

I agree though getting these bikes that's scream early 90's together would be awesome!

The bars look weird but the few guys that rides sport bikes that have rode this one loves them. Turned the bike from 50 mile blaster to an all day ride...I can't justify owning a motorcycle I can only put 100 miles on before I need to call it quits.
                Last edited by Jedz123; 06-28-2016, 07:16 AM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Well said Jedz,

When I started riding my "T" in New Mexico, the bar level was adequate in leisure riding and also allowed me to lean forward with elbows up! It gives more ways to sit on the bike as opposed to crouched position only.

Again, let me say how much I love your GIXXAH!!!

Ed
                  GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                  GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                  GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                  Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                  Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Cool bike, though I think an FZ6 is about 60 pounds lighter wet.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                      Cool bike, though I think an FZ6 is about 60 pounds lighter wet.
                      I think the lower stance is whats creating that illusion.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I can't wait to finish the suspension swap on my 1150. Looking forward to higher old school superbike bars.
                        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                        1982 CB900f

Comment

Dave, I've always wanted to make it out that way to ride with you guys... Unfortunately being able to do so has always been a challenge. With my position at work getting time off during the big events (Commencement and Reunion weeks) is an impossibility. Would love to go to a PNW meet... Maybe I should just fly out one of these days and just bum a bike .
                          Trevor would be glad to loan you one of his bikes....
                          sigpic
                          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260
                          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
                            Wait....what???

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Perhaps but the real question is...
                              ..Could I keep it clean enough???
                              Ha!
                              Jedz Moto
                              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                              1988 Honda GL1500-6
                              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Lol....almost spit my beer out! I'm going to have to have a good talking with you in a couple of weeks!
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X