Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB Port, Cigarette Plug Wiring, GPS Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    The "additional load" imposed by a USB charger is laughable. The bike probably would not even notice 10 such devices, except that it would be running out of room to mount them.

I don't know how that would work, as the output of the USB charger is only 5 volts, and they don't work backwards. The only possibility would be if it also has a cigarette lighter type output, as well. You could then backfeed that port to use as your charger, but there are better, cheaper, more-elegant solutions available.

A system like this allows you to charge via USB, and jumpstart your battery.

EKLIPES™ EKP-110B Black Cobra Bundle Pack

I'm thinking of buying of these for my "new to me" GS650G, but it might look big on the bars, especially as I want to run heated grips to, meaning the control box will also be on the bars.

As for battery drain of heated grips, I've now read that Oxford has a model of heated grips that auto switch off if the battery voltage drops below 11.5V. So, you're protected if you forget to turn them off.

For space saving there are combined USB and heated grips, but this is fugly https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-in...841579535.html
    Last edited by Admiral Beez; 04-09-2018, 08:24 AM.
    1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Ugly? Yes. Fugly? Not quite sure about that.

Nice that they have the controls and the meter (and the USB port) all contained, but that surely is a LARGE housing.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Ugly? Yes. Fugly? Not quite sure about that.

Nice that they have the controls and the meter (and the USB port) all contained, but that surely is a LARGE housing.

I'm seeing some heated grips where the controller is a small thumb switch integrated with the grip and with hidden meter, rather than the large Oxford control box.

Introduce products for Motorcycles.Handlebar switches ,lever holders,Main switches,keys and locks,Safety-related,alert switches,Other produc… ≫

But these do look a little sketchy. And I'm not sure they'd have the Oxford's auto shut off to protect the battery.
        Last edited by Admiral Beez; 04-10-2018, 08:42 AM.
        1982 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Working...
        X