Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Buell Cyclone?

Pretty cool, light powerful bikes.
    Theres ones priced at $2000, but will need a front tire, either the carb rebuilt/and or rocker box gaskets done. I seen in one of the pictures theres a stain on the engine, just about under the carb and it has a bit of a "cough" the seller said. Belt prob needs to be done also. Has 9700 miles on it. Body parts in good shape.

Just want to see if anyone on here is familiar with these bikes and knows a good price to offer, this seems like a pretty decent price

A tire change, belt change and carb gasket are like basic mantainence (word I can't ever spell) IMO.

I made the same mistake last year and turned down a bike because of a carb leaking gas...Now I've cleaned the carb twice, getting ready to replace the o-rings and gaskets etc. again, and maybe soak the bowls again/longer.

That's IF that's the only issues. BUT if there's more , whatever you'll learn as far as the motor is usefull for working on sportsters so , useful to learn IMO...

Forgot which year went from tube frame to box frame, but when I was looking at those that was my favorite (back then), the tube frame and hot-rodded sportster motor.

Then it *might* be good idea to have full-coverage insurance (around 10X more $) since theft for the motor could be a concern (?)

"Powerful" Is "relative" term I mean it's a 1200(?) cc motor with around 100 HP IIRC ...In racing terms that's wimpy...

Back when I was interested in those (and BEFORE they got cancelled by HD), I always thought it would be awesome to become a racer for Buell , The lower H.P. motor would be like an advantage to Glory in a win was my thought.

Just my .02 and others will like the other frame AND other Polaris (IIRC) motor, BUT me, IF I had the money I'd offer 1800 (and pay the 2000 If "no") ...

Hadn't looked at one of those for a while. there's a ton of possibilities for customizing (well just individualizing really) one...Awesome MC IMO.

Comment

The tube frames had a few issues, but I think they got them sorted out in the late 90's. Those bikes are an absolute hoot to ride. Wheelie MONSTERS, awesome handling, good fuel economy, wicked sound.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

I just wanted to see if that was a good price.
        I did see these have issues with the hoses from the tank? air bubbles or something kinda causing a "cough".

He says it could need a valve adjustment, but there are no adjustments, correcT?

Comment

Correct. Hydraulic lifters.

$2K is a solid price. Check the frame for cracks near the head tube-just in case it was one of those ...
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

I checked it out on CL. Looks pretty cool. I know nothing of the value, but keep in mind that its 16 years old. im occasionally shocked when I do the math at how quickly these thing age...
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The beauty of a Buell is the absolute availability of all engine and ancillary parts-and those motors are freaking dirt simple. Honestly, one of the most fun bikes I have ever ridden was a Buell White Lightning.
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Just didnt make a decision on it, drop the 2k and have to put in quite a bit because i bought a lemon

Now the frame. Am i basically looking where the engine mounts to frame?

Oh and im keeping the 850.

Comment

Looks like the Cyclone didn't suffer the frame issues. The tube frame Buells are fun, but expect to chase down odd issues here and there as the price of ownership. They are easy to work on.
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

And regarding gaskets-and info, these guys are rock stars: http://www.nrhsperformance.com/partsgaskets.shtml
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

and do you know the procedure for doing the final belt?
                      Haven't gone to look at it better, I've been busy getting more educated on the issues and all about these.

Comment

Working...
                      X