Kawi 6 cyl 1980 Z1300 with Saluki sidecar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kawi 6 cyl 1980 Z1300 with Saluki sidecar

I really wanted to see more of the side car that looks like a Countach. I would have to find fake headlight stickers for the nose. And a Lambo badge.

Then I saw 6 exhaust pipes. ( and read the title )

1980 KAWASAKI 6 CYL.WITH SALUKA 1970 SIDECAR.. - $2500 (ELIZABETHTOWN)

1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

I'm not a fan of sidecars, and that one's a monstrosity, but I love the Z1300.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Never had a sidecar, but I did have two 1300s. One was one of the first 1300s on the streets of Los Angeles with a license plate, the other one was my re-entry to motorcycling after taking about 17 years off for school and raising a family.

If you are considering purchasing that bike, be aware that there are a few parts inside the engine that are no longer available. Unless you have something custom-made, once they break, it's all over.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

The link is of little use:
        This posting has expired.

Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

The link is of little use:
          This posting has expired.

I never drove with or rode in a sidecar. Look forward to hearing of your experiences.
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

I never drove a sidecar either. It wan't my ad. I just wanted it because that sidecar looked like a Lambo.
            1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
            1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
            1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
            Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

The dealer in Anchorage put turbos on a number of leftover Z1300s. I went and looked at one, but I didn't have a place to put it at the time. According to Joe Minton, they were great bikes and handled very well.

Personally, I'm not interested in a sidecar, but I do like those big sixes. I've seen a guy with a 2WD Ural sidecar rig quite a bit riding all winter in AK. Once I was driving from Valdez to Anchorage to go out for Christmas (planes not flying due to weather in Valdez), and saw the guy in Glenallen on his way to Anchorage on it. That is a long way of a crappy cold windy day.
              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

The guy I bought my 850 off of was going to mount a side car to it. He said he had one mounted to a 750, but the rear wheel would always go out of adjustment. He wanted the 850 for its shaft drive. Me and my 850 are happy he never got around to doing it! 850 says it didn't want no third wheel dangling out there! ☺
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                X