Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cmon man!...474 lbs 110hp but dosn't run 10s?????????????????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingofvenus View Post
    Back in '92 i had a '83 cb1100f that was a wreck turned into a small slick wheelie bar bike. v/h sidewinder, cams and 29 smoothbores. Ran best of 10.19 a bunch of times. Currently my son has a '04 gsxr1000 with a stock motor, sidewinder and billet oil pan so it can be as low as possible, six inch longer swingarm with DOT slick with no wheeliebar, multi stage lockup clutch. 9.48 best so far. The 1000 is much easier to ride and is more consistant. My '83 gs750es with an '89 gsx750f motor runs 11.90's in street legal trim, stock motor with pipe and jetting with a DOT slick. All 3 have (had) air shifters.
    All very interesting info and good on you for competing on the track!
    Just wondered why you never put GSXR cams in the GSXF 750 engine?
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I have a set i'm saving for the 1052 motor that i'm gathering parts for. BTW one of my sons' street bikes is a '90 gsx600f that we put a 1127 in this past summer.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

From a 600 to an 1127, ain't that a lot? It seems you would be able to watch the pistons, going up & down, from the outside.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I am not a drag racER, but I love to drag race. Even all by my self. Love the pull, and the thrill of hitting 130 or so in a few seconds, lol. I ride a '95 GSXR750W these days, and love it. It's a little rough on my old back, and hands, but it is so nimble, and freakin' fast. This past spring I had gotten stuck behind a group of cars across 2 lanes for a few miles. when I finally got a chance to get passed them, I was at about 120. Looking ahead of me, there was no other traffic for as far as I could see. So... In full tuck, she tops out at exactly 160 with stock gearing. My ol' GS will be back again someday, I do so dearly miss it. Until then, you couldn't PUNCH the grin off my face after getting off my 750W. Plan to take her out to U.S. 41 drag strip next summer, and get a few passes in. I like numbers. I also like smoking modern litre bikes through a couple gears. They start to close the gap when I hit about 110, lol.
          '83 GS 1100T
          The Jet

sigpic
          '95 GSXR 750w
          The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            I am not a drag racER, but I love to drag race. Even all by my self. Love the pull, and the thrill of hitting 130 or so in a few seconds, lol. I ride a '95 GSXR750W these days, and love it. It's a little rough on my old back, and hands, but it is so nimble, and freakin' fast. This past spring I had gotten stuck behind a group of cars across 2 lanes for a few miles. when I finally got a chance to get passed them, I was at about 120. Looking ahead of me, there was no other traffic for as far as I could see. So... In full tuck, she tops out at exactly 160 with stock gearing. My ol' GS will be back again someday, I do so dearly miss it. Until then, you couldn't PUNCH the grin off my face after getting off my 750W. Plan to take her out to U.S. 41 drag strip next summer, and get a few passes in. I like numbers. I also like smoking modern litre bikes through a couple gears. They start to close the gap when I hit about 110, lol.
            WOW!!! I'm with you, cept I don't risk my drivers license.
            Michigan cops are sent out to collect revenue from speeders, they stalk all the best highways on weekend mornings, but they're too busy when the highways are busy so that's the best time to play with top speeds.
            Those mid-90s GSXRs are very cool!!!
            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)

Comment

We ride into southern Michigan often, but usually, keep the aggressive riding down up there. The roads are just to bad. Highways aren't too bad, but we do see a lot of cops out and about. There are a lot of nice scenic curvy roads up there but in such bad shape it's literally painful to ride them, much less ride aggressively. I try to keep my hooliganism closer to home. You get to learn where the safe spots are on any given day and time, ya know? I love my '95 GSXR. All the younger kids that ride with us on MUCH newer sport bikes can't believe they have a hard time keeping up with ME, lol. And I'm the oldest one in the group ! ! !
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Well, FWI the twisty roads can be found in the hilly grape growing area, LaPorte, Buchanan, Baroda, Berrien Springs, Niles and St. Joe.
                I have a few favorite loops around, between and through those towns.

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                  From a 600 to an 1127, ain't that a lot? It seems you would be able to watch the pistons, going up & down, from the outside.
                  We swapped the whole motor. Only drawback is that you have to lower it down to get the valve cover off, luckily its a shim style so once a year or so...
                  Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                    Well, FWI the twisty roads can be found in the hilly grape growing area, LaPorte, Buchanan, Baroda, Berrien Springs, Niles and St. Joe.
                    I have a few favorite loops around, between and through those towns.
                    We are in the Niles, and St. Joe area periodically. Earlier this year I was up there, and the roads were terrible. The patches that patched the patch that patched the patches have pot holes in them, lol. It was very disappointing. The ride to Silver Beach Pizza isn't bad. I plan to take a couple rides up along the lake shore next season. My group tells me its a really nice scenic ride.
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

Comment

The patches that patched the patch that patched the patches have pot holes in them, lol. .
                      The road crew did their training here.
                      ---- Dave
                      79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                      80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                      79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                      92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Hey Spyder you sound like your skilled at launching and drag racing. I am not but I do love the sound and thrill when I max the throttle and go thru the gears on my 1100E. And enjoy seeing a bikes max potential in the 1/4 because even though I cannot duplicate a pros time I still like to see full potential. I started this post and I would love to see a pro or even a highly skilled amateur run the new 900RS.

Comment

I plan to take a couple rides up along the lake shore next season. My group tells me its a really nice scenic ride.
                          You'll want to hit M-22 along the west side of the state along the Lake Michigan shoreline, it's a pretty decent road maintenance wise with lot's of curves and hills.
                          1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                          1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                          LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                            You'll want to hit M-22 along the west side of the state along the Lake Michigan shoreline, it's a pretty decent road maintenance wise with lot's of curves and hills.
                            Right, and mo-fasta mo-betta!

Comment

HA HAA ! ! ! Well, I am most definitely no pro. In fact, I am likely still barely novice class, lol. Don't really know how good my reaction time would be, as I haven't had a bike at the strip, yet. I just love the thrill of getting past 100 as fast as my bike is capable of getting me there. I do love carving up the twisted roads as well, but that gets pretty sketchy here in the midwest, with all the critters, and unexpected road debris. For the most part, I hate "leading" through the fun roads. Unfortunately, I don't commonly ride with anyone willing to dig into them the way some of my local(ish) GS brethren will. I had the time of my life down in Brown County a handful of years ago. Can't wait to get my GSXR down there. I'm just an old adrenaline junkie, always looking for my next fix.
                              '83 GS 1100T
                              The Jet

sigpic
                              '95 GSXR 750w
                              The Rocket

Comment

We are in the Niles, and St. Joe area periodically. Earlier this year I was up there, and the roads were terrible. The patches that patched the patch that patched the patches have pot holes in them, lol. It was very disappointing. The ride to Silver Beach Pizza isn't bad. I plan to take a couple rides up along the lake shore next season. My group tells me its a really nice scenic ride.
                                '
                                I don't remember that last time I saw a pot hole. I believe they are extinct in my area. lol Unfortunately, road debris, gravel and sand are common. eh eh
                                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
                                X