Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS400B vs GS400C

Hi all -
    As I am no expert, but some of you are () are there any significant differences between an engine fitted to a GS400C and the one in the GS400B?
    The two units look pretty much identical, but is there anything important that would preclude the use/exchange of items (cams, cylinders/pistons, shims etc)?
    many thanks for any advice.

goto link below and go crazy checking parts number comparisons...I don't have that bike but I'll stick my neck out and say lots of parts will match.

✓ Suzuki spare parts for GS400 Motorcycle. ✓ Swift delivery ✓ Original Suzuki GS400 parts

Comment

B is a 1977
      C is a 1978
      1983 GS 550 LD
      2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

as per Gorminrider's suggestion, a check on the parts fiche shows many shared items plus others that have part numbers that look to be superceding the original numbers.
        Quick question - is there a website where you can view all Suzuki part numbers plus the numbers that supercede them?

Comment

Originally posted by GS400B View Post
          as per Gorminrider's suggestion, a check on the parts fiche shows many shared items plus others that have part numbers that look to be superceding the original numbers.
          Quick question - is there a website where you can view all Suzuki part numbers plus the numbers that supercede them?
          Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

ugly but effective.
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Nice one - thank you!

Comment

CMSNL has that feature too. Click the part (orange letters)

Comment

Engine unit has arrived - even has the carbs/starter/kickstart/gear lever attached.
                Following a good exterior clean, I'm planning on going through as many of the usual/regular servicing requirements that can be done with an engine on the bench. Apparently it had only done 18k before the bike was scrapped (failed customising project, apparently), so fingers crossed I won't find any 'nasties' inside !

Any advice/recommendations for things I should be particularly watching out for?

Comment

At 18k its hardly worn. Only thing I'd do is valves and clean carbs.
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Working...
                  X