No announcement yet.

1982 GS300L Not Running Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, there's only one more thing I can think of carb wise that may have been overlooked. Replacement float bowl gaskets are often much wider than originals and can and often do interfere with the float, espresso when the bike is not level. You really don't want to pull them and I understand that so I'll leave that up to you

If the carbs aren't leaking then go to your ignition basics next. A old resistor cap that's out of spec is a good place to start.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzey21 View Post
      Fixed up bowl threads, added new gaskets but still runs rough and won't idle off choke. So now I'm down to seek professional help or part this out and move on.
      Do you still have kit parts in the carburetors? If it won't idle off of choke its way too lean. That's because of improper jetting or improper sealing leading to excessive air.
      1980 Gs250T- Passed from father to son, also my first build.

Comment

The last time through I went back to the original parts, it didn’t change anything so I put the the new valve assembly and needle back in. I believe they were OEM. Form there I checked and reset the float levels. I added new fuel hoses and clamps after the float tests, so I’m kinda stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritzey21 View Post
          The last time through I went back to the original parts, it didn’t change anything so I put the the new valve assembly and needle back in. I believe they were OEM. Form there I checked and reset the float levels. I added new fuel hoses and clamps after the float tests, so I’m kinda stuck.
          Did you happen to mess with the adjustment screw on the top of the carbs? If you didn't then leave it alone. They should be set from the factory (although the manual I have did give instructions on resetting the screws if you need to.

Comment

I reset them according to the tutorial which advised starting with 2.5 turns

Comment

Make sure the needles tips are not broken, they should come to a very fine point, but other than that, I am stumped. Although it does sound to me that you have a carburetor issue.
              Last edited by Mr.Vroom; 10-29-2023, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I’ll take another look, but after that my next move is to find a mechanic.

Comment

Quick update on my GS300 saga, dropped it off at a shop this week. He’s not know to be fast, so I be back when I hear from him. Most likely in 24.

Comment

Working...
                  X