2-Cylinder Photos - Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CycloneGS View Post
    Since 2010 when I started grad school I have been slowly rebuilding and transforming my $150 450 in to what I want. After selling my truck and my volkswagen, I am left with only my Suzuki to get me around so I got it fitted out right. I can now haul 6 bags of groceries, 20lbs of kitty litter, a 6 pack of beer and all my electronic goodies (should have taken a picture, it was hilarious). Im planning on making a mount on the tail so that I can haul my mountain bike as well, then I will be set to road trip! Enjoy:
    How fast are you able to go with all that stuff on there?
    My bike wasn't tuned up properly but i found that i felt the need to be cautious at around 65 with my bike are you able to go just as fast with all your stuff?

Comment

IMG_7037

Thanks to everyone on GSR who helped me get this Beaut' runnin again!

Comment

That is such a rad looking bike! do you have some close-ups of the seat and tail section please?

Also, where do you guys stash all the ugly electricals hidden by the side panels? The front-end looks the part! I like it!

Comment

If I remember correctly that bike got sold, but prior to that he ditched the USD front end for the stock one again, can't remember why.

In my case, my electrics are mounted to an aluminium plate strapped between the frame rails under the seat, but my battery is still in the stock location and I made a cover to hide it a bit.

Take note though that I have no bulky ignitor to hide as I have a Dynatek ignition which eliminates that altogether.
          1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Rogers View Post
            How fast are you able to go with all that stuff on there?
            My bike wasn't tuned up properly but i found that i felt the need to be cautious at around 65 with my bike are you able to go just as fast with all your stuff?
            I can max out my speedo no problem.

My bags attach with velcro, one strap under the seat and one on top. The net just kinda hooks on to the subframe.

Thinking about a road trip towards Wyoming and Colorado in May.

Let me see if I can find my buddies Suzuki 2 stroker with his bike rack...

Comment

here is the rack on my friends 2 stroke Suzuki. I think its a 1971 TS350:

Comment

when you get that rack on there i wanna see this whole thing in a picture!

ha I didn't refresh my browser to see that picture, that's awesome! i wonder how that effects the bikes balance since its not in the middle of the triangle...

Comment

Originally posted by CycloneGS View Post
                  here is the rack on my friends 2 stroke Suzuki. I think its a 1971 TS350:

that looks like a really bad idea with 30+ pounds of weight that high and that far behind the rear wheel. I'm no physicist, but it seems that would raise your center of gravity, making it tend to tip over more easily, and with the weight that far back, also prone to wheelies, especially when going uphill.

Comment

I would second that. From what I understand from physics and motorcycles you want as little weight outside of the space between your tires.

I think of it as a triangle made from the rider's head and both axles. I'm not a pro in the bike game though... i've had a bike for a year but i've only been riding for about three months...

Comment

GR650 Bobber/Cafe Project Starts

Started the 650 bobber/cafe project this weekend. It is rough now, but it's starting to take shape. I put my "leftover" gs850L tank on it. It looks better than it did on my 850.
                      Scudder

Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Comment

Cafe Zero

Comment

Alleyrat,

Any info on year/model?

Where's the rear lights & plate?

Looks great!

Comment

Cool GR650 Scudder! Did you ever see Desert Rat's GR? Yours reminds me of it.

And Alleyrat: is that the stock 450 tank? If so, it looks very different in white.

Comment

Thanks. The gr650 has got a ways to go. I'm going to get a small battery and hide it under the seat with the electronics, to open up the mid section. It is going to be a bare bones bobber. Nothing extra.

Scudder

Comment

Working...
                                X