2-Cylinder Photos - Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here's mine!!

'78 GS400 and a verrrry STOCK 82 450.. the 450 I just added(tonite) a digital voltmeter which I'll post in a new thread!! OOOPS i just realized the 450 has a 'sissy bar' heheheh and it's missing the stock grab rail...

Comment

Tom, I didn't know the 400 ever came with a drum front brake. Is it stock?

Great looking bikes (aside from the "L" parts)!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rich View Post
        Tom, I didn't know the 400 ever came with a drum front brake. Is it stock?

Great looking bikes (aside from the "L" parts)!
        Absolutely.. it is a GS400 "X" no electric start.. kick only!! and cheepo front drum.. but it stops just like a disc.. only not if its going backwards.. there AIN'T ANY BRAKES BACKING UP lol

Comment

Originally posted by barnbiketom View Post
          Absolutely.. it is a GS400 "X" no electric start.. kick only!! and cheepo front drum.. but it stops just like a disc.. only not if its going backwards.. there AIN'T ANY BRAKES BACKING UP lol
          Thats funny becuase my 1978 GS400X has electric start and disc front brake.

Comment

I wish the GS400 kicker would work on my GS500.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak Jacket View Post
              Seat is complete.

Nice clean look. I like it very much.

Where did you hide all of the electrics?
              '83 GS650G
              '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Thats funny becuase my 1978 GS400X has electric start and disc front brake.
                Not sure why that is . maybe yours is a GS400xB and mine is GS400XA.. or yours has been modded?? or something like that?
                I know that on my handlebar switch pod there is NO place for the starter button, altho there is a cover where the starter usually resides, and believe me.. it's EMPTY IN THERE hahah.
                maybe someone more knowledgeable can elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                  Nice clean look. I like it very much.

Where did you hide all of the electrics?
                  Its all been moved into the seat hump or removed. I removed the pins from the connectors and ran all new wire.

Comment

Here is my new baby. She gets delivered next week. Plan is to get her cosmeticly cleaned up over the winter.

I know its a GS400 but i dont know much else about her. Can anyone else tell me anything (things i need to look out for etc?)

Comment

Its all been moved into the seat hump or removed. I removed the pins from the connectors and ran all new wire.
                      Did you go through-the-frame with the wiring? If not, well done! Very clean
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                        Did you go through-the-frame with the wiring? If not, well done! Very clean
                        Nope not in the frame, yet....

Comment

This is the the result of my winters work. 83 GS450TX with ATV bars and a cafe seat.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jfman View Post

Sweet ride.

Comment

Not mine. Saw it for sale in Ontario. I loike the color scheme.

Comment

Working...
                                X