2-Cylinder Photos - Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 323D View Post
    North GA near Blue Ridge Mountains, I got a local guy that really wants them for his Build but have not talk to him yet would you like to make a offer. I have an ad in the parts section if you want photos.
    Nice I used to live in GA and rode around there 129/60/180 etc.. Its an great spot.

I already have a set that I bought for 50$ but they are pitted and yours lookes cleaner in the pics.

To fit a fat wheel in the back youre gonna nee a wide swingarm. Here is what I did on mine. My wheel is gonna get thrown on soon Ill update the pics. You are also going to need an offset front sprocket and youll need to beat the frame rail in some to the get the chain to clear. I used a 4.5in wheel but a 5inch could be done but wont be easy.

Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

where can i get a exhaust like this for my 250? $
      I had that custom made by a local exhaust shop here... just under $AU800 but you guys in the US usually get this stuff way cheaper than us

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
      ah,Pete! Great! I was looking for your bike here .
      ..when I see your bike I sure miss my long-gone '72 CL350 Scrambler. It was a soggy thing compared to your bike but the insurance rate-class here meant it had a good $/fun ratio...IT needed a back-rack...
      [ATTACH]19381[/ATTACH]

ps-you made that? too cool.yours is probably the other one I've seen
      Haha yeah I had to stick some in here... and I've now seen pic's of three 450's with the genuine optional racks, and not one owner has wanted to part with it... so yeah I had an old carry rack sitting around that I cut and shaped to attach to the grab rail. Then John82q welded it up for me as he'd seen my previous welding efforts
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
        I had that custom made by a local exhaust shop here... just under $AU800 but you guys in the US usually get this stuff way cheaper than us
        leek:
        Well since hes in north GA he should try to hunt down a guy named Britt Lynn that lives un ballground(iirc) I used him for small jobs but I seen the quality of stuff hes put out for others ans id say hes really good.

Comment

Originally posted by jfman View Post
          Nice I used to live in GA and rode around there 129/60/180 etc.. Its an great spot.

I already have a set that I bought for 50$ but they are pitted and yours lookes cleaner in the pics.

To fit a fat wheel in the back youre gonna nee a wide swingarm. Here is what I did on mine. My wheel is gonna get thrown on soon Ill update the pics. You are also going to need an offset front sprocket and youll need to beat the frame rail in some to the get the chain to clear. I used a 4.5in wheel but a 5inch could be done but wont be easy.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=205050

Cool nice to meet you jfman. I am narrowing a gs1100 alum swing arm the rims is a 5.50 I was just stated to go back and start looking at offset sprockets and gearing. when i get the swing in there i will see where i am at. where are you getting yours from? offset sprocket

I had these parts for a 78 kz1000 but I am new to all this and got this lil gs250 and thought what the hell since i am going with later model stuff on my KZ. I Just dig this lil thing fell in love with GS's

Comment

Well since hes in north GA he should try to hunt down a guy named Britt Lynn that lives un ballground(iirc) I used him for small jobs but I seen the quality of stuff hes put out for others ans id say hes really good.

thats not far at all i will have to look him up. thanks

Comment

Cool nice to meet you jfman. I am narrowing a gs1100 alum swing arm the rims is a 5.50 I was just stated to go back and start looking at offset sprockets and gearing. when i get the swing in there i will see where i am at. where are you getting yours from? offset sprocket

I had these parts for a 78 kz1000 but I am new to all this and got this lil gs250 and thought what the hell since i am going with later model stuff on my KZ. I Just dig this lil thing fell in love with GS's

The sprockets are available on ebay and some vendors sell them too.

To get the chaine closer to the center of the bike. You may want to consider machining the hub down a few mm's just so it clears the tire. Tha will help you get the chain to line up better with the output shaft sprocket.

On my build I am planning on doing just this but I have more room to play with because I am using a 4.5 inch rear wheel. and a 150 rear tire.

Comment

The sprockets are available on ebay and some vendors sell them too.

To get the chaine closer to the center of the bike. You may want to consider machining the hub down a few mm's just so it clears the tire. Tha will help you get the chain to line up better with the output shaft sprocket.

On my build I am planning on doing just this but I have more room to play with because I am using a 4.5 inch rear wheel. and a 150 rear tire.

thanks for the tip bro

Comment

Comment

That's ^^^^ going to require a lot of work...

Go for it jfman
                    '83 GS650G
                    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

JFman, if you think of selling those hard bags, let me know.

Comment

Not mine but I am coinsidering buying it. I have to wait to see if the owner has papers.

Comment

bone stock it weighed 410lbs with a full tank of gas.

now it sits at 340lbs with a full tank

Comment

Here is a quick pic of how my 77 gs 400 sits at the moment

Comment

This is 3 of 7 or left to right in order they were purchased 2nd,7th,1st.I have owned 7 Suzuki,2 Yamaha,and 2 Honda.I have ridden more bikes than I can remember.

Left to right 92 GS500E,01 V Star 650 Classic,89 GS500R.

Comment

Stephen.
                                1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
                                1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
                                Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
                                GS twin wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X