• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mekanix View Post
    beautyful 500 mr!

Comment

My suzuki

Ok, well my '81 GS400S barn find is in poor shape, got her running and all but she needs alot of work. I should start taking pics and posting them in the project catagory but for now, I'm showing of it's little brother, my '81 GN400, one lunger.

Kick start only, batteryless, absolute minimalist.

Last edited by Guest; 12-25-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

My GS450L.

Comment

does this count?...

Last edited by Gorminrider; 12-27-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I dig it.It counts.

Comment

New to me. 81 GS450t. 14k miles. picked 'er up for $500. MY FIRST BIKE!! runs good. came with a windshield and luggage rack that Ive since taken off. tires have minor dry rot cracks starting to show up, small oil leak and rear shocks are squishy. PO put that humungous crash bar on there. I am looking for the small ones that just cover the case that ive seen on a lot of bikes here. any suggestions? anyways, i love seeing all these bikes! some great work.

Comment

I guess I forgot to post these pics ....... here are two GR650's:

Comment

And the "spare parts" GR650 that has been tore back down:

Comment

And my current winter project: adding 17" wheels to my GS450:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rich View Post
                      And the "spare parts" GR650 that has been tore back down:

That's an interesting collection of twins you have. They look like fun. Are you anywhere near West Deer Township, north of Pittsburgh?

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I guess I forgot to post these pics ....... here are two GR650's:

Wow what a collection you got.
                        Now i want a GR as well!!!!!!!
                        Happy new year Rich!

Comment

Thanks Floegstad! In my humble opinion, the GR650 is the best Suzuki twin of the era......unless you have an engine problem. The majority of parts can be swapped with those from other bikes, but the engine is very unique, so I collect and take care of the engines I do have.

Charlie, I'm about an hour and a half from West Deer in Ellwood City. I'm guessing you have family or friends in western PA?

Comment

Thanks Floegstad! In my humble opinion, the GR650 is the best Suzuki twin of the era......unless you have an engine problem. The majority of parts can be swapped with those from other bikes, but the engine is very unique, so I collect and take care of the engines I do have.

Charlie, I'm about an hour and a half from West Deer in Ellwood City. I'm guessing you have family or friends in western PA?
                            My Grandfather's family. I sure enjoyed visiting as a kid. No harm in asking?

cg
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

No harm at all. It's a beautiful area, rich with history.

Comment

I have been searching the interweb since i looked at your bikes for a GR,but i cant find any. are they US-models or do they exist worldwide?
                                Will look further into it,but your wide knowledge in these bikes i dropped the question at ya.
                                Happy new year
                                Cheers Jorgen

Comment

Working...
                                X