2-Cylinder Photos - Post Yours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGYAM View Post
    GS 500 engine in a 450 frame, frame and wheels is the only thing left now from the 1980 gs 450, rest is off different bikes or bespoke
    fabrications. Very pleased with it only had it on the road about a month took 3 years to build mostly due to lack of funds, but now its finished im really pleased it pulls like a train handles fairly well for them tyres, theres a few things i want to change but for now i'm enjoying the rides SNIP
    I had heard that this wouldn't work because the frame would block the exhaust ports on the 500 engine. Beautiful work! I love it! I want one!

Comment

I'll second that!

Bigyam, I still say that is one sweet looking twin! Well done again
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Yep! Bigyam it's a keeper.

cg
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
          I had heard that this wouldn't work because the frame would block the exhaust ports on the 500 engine. Beautiful work! I love it! I want one!
          I could be wrong, but looks like he got around that by steeply curving the exhaust at the ports. Pretty sure both the 500 and 450's pipes normally extend forward of the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450 View Post
            I could be wrong, but looks like he got around that by steeply curving the exhaust at the ports. Pretty sure both the 500 and 450's pipes normally extend forward of the frame.
            Yup, it's official that there is now a reasonably simple way to get a 500 into a 450 frame
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450 View Post
              I'm glad it can be done. If I ever blow up my motor, I may look for a GS500 engine to swap in

Comment

I was reading some details about the GS450/500 and GR650 swaps before and there was some talk of a GR head being put onto the GS500's cylinders. I don't know if all the internal parts would line up but if they did, it would save the custom exhaust work.

Comment

I added some drag bars in black... I really really like them!

On the side of the road with a flat tire (bad install the day before)

Comment

Originally posted by herostar View Post
                    I added some drag bars in black... I really really like them!

On the side of the road with a flat tire (bad install the day before)
                    Really? I have some almost flat drag bars on mine now that make my hands numb. I like the look, but uncomfortable as heck.

Comment

New guy with my work in progess...

5593 miles, hasn't been on the road since 82ish. One of those bikes that got taken apart by a frustrated owner with no idea what they were doing, so it just sat. Was stock when I got it 3-4 weeks ago, but was missing some key components... anyway, I'll start a build thread here pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy T. View Post

5593 miles, hasn't been on the road since 82ish. One of those bikes that got taken apart by a frustrated owner with no idea what they were doing, so it just sat. Was stock when I got it 3-4 weeks ago, but was missing some key components... anyway, I'll start a build thread here pretty soon.
                        Lookin good. What bike did you get the forks, wheel, brake from?

Comment

Will get some better pics eventually but right now this is all Ive got.

Its a 85 GS400S Canadian model sitting next to my 83 Yamaha Virago 750.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhigh4by View Post
                            Will get some better pics eventually but right now this is all Ive got.

Its a 85 GS400S Canadian model sitting next to my 83 Yamaha Virago 750.
                            That's a sweet machine, I wish Suzuki had brought those here.

Comment

Originally posted by skyhigh4by View Post
                              Lookin good. What bike did you get the forks, wheel, brake from?
                              1993 GSXR 750. Straight bolt-on. I think 89-95 750s are all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy T. View Post

That's pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X