engine diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome.
    Slow down....You have some (alot) of work ahead of you. Spend some time here reading and teaching yourself about your bike. You are missing some very significant parts and pieces.
    Tell us where you are, city and state, there may be someone closeby to have a look and perhaps lend a hand.
    Larry D
    1980 GS450S
    1981 GS450S
    2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

to larry.... i kno im missing carbs and the air box and battery other then that the rest of the motor seems to be there what other siginficant parts do u think are missing

Comment

start a build thread

Comment

Looks as though you're missing large metal plate that should be on left side that holds the solenoid, r/r and maybe turn signal flasher. It mounts under where the side cover should hide it, and a bolt or two that holds it in place should screw into your missing airbox. terrylee

Comment

yea thats there just not boltet in layin down above where the battery goes looks like all the selinoids and stuff on it thanks for the good eye tho.. im alset right now thanks to you guys ima work on gettin carbs and the air box and then ill letcha kno the next hurdle i hit

Comment

The pics aren't the greatest so it's hard to tell from here but- Is the igniter missing? It's supposed to be attached to the left side electrical panel. The igniter is a rectangular box which makes the coils give the high energy needed to spark the spark plugs. I wouldn't buy anything for that bike just yet. Does the motor turn? Check the compression?

Comment

Here are a few shots I had around

Comment

Hey bg mart what are the two things on the bottom of that plte where the fuses is t grey cylender n the thing to the left that all the wires are on

Comment

The grey cylinder on the right side of the electrical panel is the flasher unit for blinking the turn signals. The thing on the left of the same panel is the starter relay.

Comment

Yeah, I had swapped in a car flasher relay since I put LED signals on the bike.

Comment

Working...
                      X