'79 425E Clutch Engage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'79 425E Clutch Engage

I was replacing my clutch puish rod oil seal and when I put the bike back together I noticed I pull in the clutch and put the bike in gear and the back wheel spins, but in neutral it is fine. Is there suppose to be that much lag or spin or whatever you call it?

make sure you have adjusted the clutch properly. the wheel may spin a little if it is on the mainstand but you should be able to apply the rear brake to stop the rear wheel spinning without the engine from stalling.

if it does stall then the clutch needs readjusting correctly
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I had the same thing going on with my bike recently (last night, actually). Apparently once the plates have been out, they like to stick together until they've been "exercised" a bit with the bike running and oil moving.

Mine freed up just by working the clutch a bit with the engine running, transmission in first, and both wheels on the ground. I didn't think to try stopping it with the rear brake, though; that's an excellent idea. (And probably much safer if something is indeed adjusted wrong or hung up.)
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Thank you for the tips and info. After in get my final replacement oil seal for the push rod I will mes around with it again. It just turned 70 and sunny the last few days here And I'm just dreaming of riding all day.

Comment

Working...
        X