Loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of power

Today i recently got a deal on a 1983 gs300l has a rebuilt top end "SUPPOSEDLY" you know how that goes checked compresion ratio got 155 in each cylinder in neutral i can give it gas and it will accelerate like any other bike don't notice anything wrong go to take off and it had no power litterally was hard to go thirty five kinda seemed like it was running on one cylinder but it isn't gots spark and all it came without mufflers on it does the back pressure effect it that much??? Also thought maybe vacuum leaks or maybe a air leak somewhere but everything is tight any ideas???

Yes .

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Probably running too lean without the mufflers.

Comment

Ahh well i got some old Harley sportster mufflers im going to throw on there tomorrow and see if that makes any difference i can only hope

Comment

You know that "supposely" part- before you go blasting off, better check a few things. Sometimes previous owners make mistakes- best to find out.Have you seen this guy's collection of suzuki wisdom?

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

has it been like this since you got it, or is something new?
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
            X