GS450 brake rotor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 brake rotor question

Does anyone know if all GS450 rotors are interchangeable between models and/or years? I found a nice rotor from a LZ (82)model on eBay, which appears to be factory drilled (this is the first one I've seen for a 450), and have been wanting a drilled rotor for my TX (81). Visually it looks the same as a non-drilled 450 rotor, and has the same mounting hole pattern. Figured I'd ask here first, and see what I can find out.

I don't know, but I'm always going here:

✓ Suzuki spare parts for GS450 Motorcycle. ✓ Swift delivery ✓ Original Suzuki GS450 parts

The disk itself fits year to year across many models, even spoked wheels,judging by the PN (59211-45200)

I don't see a "factory drilled" one so it's either not or it's maybe off a different bike altogether which don't matter, maybe.
    Be careful on Ebay- a lot of em don't know and couldn't care less

Comment

If they both came on single-rotor bikes, there is a good chance they are the same.

I think the bikes with dual disks had smaller rotors, which makes it difficult to adapt, without completely changing the fork tubes.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
        I don't know, but I'm always going here:

✓ Suzuki spare parts for GS450 Motorcycle. ✓ Swift delivery ✓ Original Suzuki GS450 parts

The disk itself fits year to year across many models, even spoked wheels,judging by the PN (59211-45200)

I don't see a "factory drilled" one so it's either not or it's maybe off a different bike altogether which don't matter, maybe.
        Be careful on Ebay- a lot of em don't know and couldn't care less

Actually, if you look at the "FRONT WHEEL (MODEL Z) SCHEMATIC" for the GS450L 1980-1982 on the page you linked, the brake disk shown is "drilled". The one I found on eBay is listed by a well-rated seller, has good pictures, appears to be in good shape, and measures 5.13mm. The price is also quite reasonable as opposed to the 144 euros on the site you linked. I did ask the seller the overall diameter of the disc, so hopefully he has answered. Thanks for the replies!

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know the answer to my question is it will work. Had a local guy, that's had several GS's over the years, come over and help me out with the swap. Was a piece of cake! I'm not really sure if I notice much of a performance difference, but I sure do like the look of it.

Comment

Thanks, Schmitty.Looks good alright..I've since noticed a similar disk on pix of other 4 cyl Suzukis of the era -here for instance, on an 1100
            This area is to be used only for general GS topics. For non-GS related topics, join the Off-Topic usergroup. <b>Technical questions are not to be posted here.</b>

Comment

Working...
            X