Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible odometer fraud? and also new owner :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it safe to say that the specs for this bike http://www.suzukicycles.org/GS-serie...rochures.shtml

This is what I found spec wise, and it's pretty much the same as gsx400 and I should follow haynes manual info for that bike? Or do I have something completely different?

It sates 8 valves. So does that mean 2 x 4 valves per cylinder? My apologies but I'm new to all of this.

GS 400 S 1986
    Overall Length: 2 105 mm (82.9 in)
    Overall Width: 755 mm (29.7 in)
    Overall Height: 1160 mm (45.7 in)
    Seat Height: 755 mm (29.7 in)
    Wheelbase: 1 420 mm (55.9 in)
    Ground Clearance: 145 mm (5.7 in)
    Dry Weight: 177 kg (390 lbs)
    Engine type: Air-cooled 398 cc parallel twin, DOHC, 8 valves. 44 hp/ 9.500 rpm, 3,7 kg-m/ 8.000 rpm.

Comment

Yes it is a 4 V head and respectable HP numbers too. These are great bikes and I wish we had them down here.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I'm no math whiz but don't you have a $0 bike? 100 for the kawi, 1000 for the Suzie, sold the kawi for 1100 should equal you got all your money back and still have a bike! So what if the odo is wrong and all it needs is maintenance, fix it ride it enjoy it.

Comment

With these bikes if you go get a title - the odometer is exempt because of the bikes age and typically no records.

Speedometers get changed out all the time. I bought a new (old one) for my bike because it was not reading the speed even close to accurate.

I have read here that you can sometimes move the needle to compensate for inaccurate speedo's (thus a possible reason for your white superglue)
          82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
          80 gs1000s

Comment

I would add new rubber to Ed's list

Comment

Working...
            X