450 frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 frames

can any one tell me if the gs 450s use the same frames; i can get an L frame quite easily; but will the components from my T fit into it; or will i need to source T model frame; if push comes to shove i can strip her and do her frame; but the numbers on the headstock are difficult to read as she is; nearly impossible with a shiny black layer of stuff

The T and L seats are interchangeable, so they're probably close...

There are 4 models (E, L, S, and T)... E and S are the same, L and T are the odd ones out, but I suspect pretty close... a reverse parts lookup on the '82 L frame only returns the L models so they're not going to be identical...
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

On the 4 cylinder bikes the L models are quite unique due to the peanut tank and stepped seat. You cannot mount a standard tank on an L frame without some serious work.
      I suspect the 2 cylinder models have similar issues.

Comment

The world wonders I haven't read the post that confirms exactly but To me,it's as Pete says,E/S vs T/L ,they look to be just two frames.
        This poster is for 81's 8 valve 400's but again,exact same parts as the 450's except for: just slightly different engine+carbs 8valve GSX 400's versus 4 valve GS450's

otherwise,T VS L, it's seat-(I'd expect mount to be the same),sidecovers, wheel sizes front/rear, maybe longer forks and maybe longer cable lengths to those apey handlebars. Looks pretty strong that an L in these 400/450's is just an EZrider T "done" with parts they had.
        The 82 400T partsbike I have actually has longer forks than the '81's.
        Last edited by Gorminrider; 10-15-2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

What you care most about is the mounting points for the tank. Notice the E/S tank mounts very close to the neck. The L tank mounts much further back. The T looks to be in between, so perhaps it is an L frame with a slightly larger tank.

Comment

i collected my cylinder head from Saunders motor engineers last saturday; 12/10/2013; i welded the exhaust clamp bolt hole and they drilled it out and tapped it to 8mm; all the exhaust stud holes are now 8mm; a rip roaring success story; off the road since last may; on the road in time for winter; great; just like when i were young

Comment

Working...
            X