changed the clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changed the clutch

I just put a new clutch plates on my 1982 gs450l, now after installing and putting it all back together the bike doesnt start. I'm not sure what I could of done wrong considering it ran great as I rode it into the garage just an hour prior to the completecion of the clutch.

Doesn't start? Does it crank? If yes, Check wiring from signal generators to ignitor, maybe you disconnected the wires.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

It cranks over and has great spark the timing is correct so I do not know what to do! And to ask I am not sure where the signal generator is.

Comment

fuel in the tank? petcock turned on?
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I am working on the carbs right now, I am wondering if this year bike has a clutch safety switch?

Comment

Originally posted by dthye8377 View Post
            I am working on the carbs right now, I am wondering if this year bike has a clutch safety switch?
            if it does, and it is not working correctly, you wouldn't have a spark at the plugs.
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

And it wouldnt crank if the switch was out of adjustment.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Signal generator is inside small cover on top of cover where clutch is located. Check inside there and make sure wires from it are plug into ignitor. terrylee

Comment

I am wondering if this year bike has a clutch safety switch?
                  my '81 400 does, so I'd bet yours does too.

Comment

Working...
                  X