Is This Really An OEM Gasket Set? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Really An OEM Gasket Set? HELP!

It appears to be a genuine "Suzuki" gasket set according to the description of the item. It looks to have the right style of oil breather cover gasket that's above the valve cover. Has anybody bought this kit or know if its any good?
    Thanks in advance

It says "OEM replacement" plus it's too cheap to be genuine! Might work, but.....Do you feel lucky?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

It's a reasonably good quality aftermarket set. I've used them with no real problems. The aftermarket sets for twins give way less problems than those for the fours in my experience.The only major is that there were at least two and possibly more shapes of cam cover for the GSX400 - and inevitably the one in the kit will be wrong for your motor...

Comment

Just out of sheer bloody-mindedness, I'd avoid that seller for being a weasel.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Alright so I went down to a local Suzuki dealership (, turns out here in Canada we refer to the 1982 Gsx400L as a 400EZ, "z" meaning the year 82, anyways, they had my valve cover gasket and chain tensioner gasket in stock, they've gone ahead and ordered me a oil breather gasket as well, should be here shortly, only cost me roughly $60.

Comment

Working...
          X