Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 450L with a 77 550E rear spoked wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 450L with a 77 550E rear spoked wheel?

So I came into ownership of a set of spoked wheels (in great condition) from a 1977 550E and I have found the front to be a simple bolt on minus the rotor, but the rear wheel having a different sprocket size and bigger drum panel/shoes is where I am getting a little mind boggled. I have searched for info about the swap and came up with people swapping the 81 450T spoked wheels, (the 250 wheels are a little narrow from what I have read) for the most part the 77 550e and 81 450T are the same wheels (according to part numbers). SOOO my question is....will the 51 teeth sprocket but 18 inch rim make a huge difference in RPM on the 80 450L coming from the 16 inch rim stock sprockets 15 teeth front and 41 teeth rear I believe. I do a mix of both highway/country and city road riding. Swapping sprockets and a new chain will be done, just curious about the RPMs. Hopefully that all made sense. Thanks

Here ya go man:

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X