Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS400 Speedo and Tach cables

Hi guys,

I need some help with finding a new speedo and tach cable for my bike.
    The guys locally aren't very helpful. Are the cables the same for the 425 and 450?
    Thanks

hmmm hard to find parts for this. Is iyt the 4 cylinder model?
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

this is a two cylinder

Comment

I don't know who's around the forum these days with this bike to help (you might try PMing them and see what they know) but the cable end at the front wheel would indicate whether it's likely to be a match

...given my two varieties of GS with the slotted end and knurled nut, that will interchange, I'd suspect there are several bikes that have cables that'll work. Even the length should not be such an issue....

Comment

I think I may have found one that works.

Comment

You nay want to remove the cable and measure it.
            I am sure Suzuki engineers would not have been crazy enough to have different connector fittings and internal dimensions on their cables.
            I cannot find your bike anywhere on line. Do you have a photo of it?
            1983 GS 550 LD
            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by wmachuca View Post
              I think I may have found one that works.
              http://www.dimecitycycles.com/oem-st...ter-cable.html
              looks just like all mine and the price is right....but yes by all means check length. needn't say Too long is better than too short...but I wonder if there are significant differences across bikes. the height of instruments above the axle or engine is not wildly different across bikes?
              Handlebars with clutch and brakelines are different. That's where I'd be careful.

Comment

Working...
              X