Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS500/E Engine Mounting Points/ Measurement Help

Hello Everyone!

I am hoping to get some additional information to help me with my project. I am currently building a 1967 Suzuki T20 (X6 Hustler). Since 75% of the original parts are missing, I wanted to do an engine swap. I am looking at the GS500/E engine because I want to keep it in the Suzuki family and would like to make it more modern. I was hoping to see if anyone could take pictures of the GS500/E engine mounting points and measure the distance between them. This will help me decide if I am able to make this happen. I have gone to a local junkyard and found a very early GS, but it was hard to get the measurements with the engine mounted and covered in weeds. I know it would be cheaper to buy a bike than to do it the way I am, but that is not my intent here. I appreciate any help I get.

Thanks in advance,

DrD

I'd forget it. A 4 stroke engine is massively bigger & heavier than a 2 stroke, it'll never fit. You might be able to get a 4 stroke single to fit in if you're lucky

Comment

I appreciate that input. I’m not building this to be a cheap build nor am I trying to disrespect the beauty of a bike. I want to create a unique and beautiful motorcycle. I know you’re hinting at the fact that I should not try this, and I again appreciate your input, but I’m not trying to achieve the ordinary here.

Comment

Engine height is your problem. The T20 twin is a pretty short engine measured vertically - the 400/450/500 family are tall...

The frame would be up to a bigger engine's weight - but it's a pretty small frame so finding one which will fit won't be easy.

Personally, I'd build it up as a T20. The parts are available. Later pistons and crank parts can be used. The T250/350 engines drop in.

Comment

Working...
        X