what did this break off from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what did this break off from?

my guess is the cam chain guides but i couldnt find an obvious area that this bit broke off from, itd be dumb of me to put the motor back together without finding where this came off from.

appreciate the help i definitely need it!
    Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
    1982 XS650

Watched your video. For some reason the oil pressure sender popped into my twisted brain. Nah, couldn't be part of that. Could it?

Or maybe part of the pickups for the ignition?
    Last edited by Eli69; 04-22-2022, 06:28 AM.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
      Watched your video. For some reason the oil pressure sender popped into my twisted brain. Nah, couldn't be part of that. Could it?

Or maybe part of the pickups for the ignition?
      ill definitely be checking these, i guess the good thing is theres not alot of parts in the motor that are hard plastic and black, i just am not good with guessing where i should look. gonna see if i can find out today.
      Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
      1982 XS650

Comment

If you had the cover off and were working on the tensioner/guides, I would say that is a likely possibilty. By the size of it, could it be a guide cushion, Special here:

'83 GS650G
        '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
          If you had the cover off and were working on the tensioner/guides, I would say that is a likely possibilty. By the size of it, could it be a guide cushion, Special here:

https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-gs650g-...l#.YmL12DfMLm2
          I suspect part of No 3.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I've torn apart the whole motor lol, didn't see this but until I split the cases, still have to take a look
            Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
            1982 XS650

Comment

it might be a cushion, which theres supposed to be two of them, and i only have one.

part number is 12814-44101, its the most similar thing i can find.

ive been looking at the bigger parts of the cam chain tensioner and i cant find any major pieces of mine that are missing a bit that broke off when comparing to ones im looking at on ebay or google images.
              Ian

1982 GS650GLZ
              1982 XS650

Comment

Working...
              X