X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lack of Oil // Cylinder Head // One Side only

1982 GGS750T 16 Valve

Valvetrain noise, Decided may be time to adjust the valves

When I took the cover off, I noticed left and right side didn't have the same sheen of oil on Cams and Lifters, actually the left (Bank 1 and 2) were dry
    I pulled the galley bolts/plugs from the side of the head and bumped the engine over

Right Side (3,4) both ports flowed oil as expected
    Left Side (1,2) Nothing

With both ports open on Left Side, I directed some compressed air down the exhaust oil passageway. Air did come on the intake side oil passageway w/ a little oil

So I am guessing if there is a blockage it may be below the Head

Is there anything else I can do to confirm or maybe check before I commit to pulling the Cylinder Head?
    The oil pump is fine

Thanks

With the cam cover off, remove all the spark plugs. With the kill switch in the "OFF" position, hit the starter button to crank the engine for about 20 second. This will "Prime" the oil pump. You should visually see the oil pumping to the camshafts.. Further troubleshooting will be decided after this, if needed?

Comment

10-4 Thanks

That was my first step before i pulled the galley bolts on sides of head

Out of the galley ports on one side , Bank 3/4 Oil flowed well

On the other, bank 1/2 there was nothing

Thank You

Comment

Most likely the oil passages around the LHS barrel studs are blocked. This side is more prone to it due to the angle of the sidestand.
        It's a strip down to the cases to clear everything out - and it may be hard to get the barrel off too.

Comment

Working...
        X