Valve rocker snapped off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve rocker snapped off.

!981 GS1100E After getting this bike running after several years the rear one in from right side broke off. Before that I have bee riding for 3 weeks. This happened after I checked the valve clearances. Only made a small adjustment on three valves. New gasket etc. Went 3 blocks and breaky break. Is this Murphy's law in effect here? Pretty dam sure I did this right, followed the procedure on Bass Cliffs site. Oh well next week I will order new arm and remove cam and rocker shaft.

This happened to me on all 4 intake rockers on my 750, but it happened at an extreme over-rev incident. See destroy-rebuild link in my signature. I've never heard of this happening in normal operation. That doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. Is this bike new to you?

Welcome to the forum.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I have had for 8 years, never had any issues other than flooding the crank case with fuel one time. My bad left in prime om petcock. Clean carbs and change oil. I figure if I can do top end work on my XR400 I can repair this, Just more of everything.

Comment

Working...
      X