Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing you found it.

Comment

Yep, got to blame somebody, the wife thing works well, or sometimes it's the birthdays or the phone rang... but It's sure not never my fault
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Oh, it was my fault. I lay the parts out, and that's when I found out my mistake That one was still visible.. We've been together for 37 years, and she not only knows what buttons to push, she knows how to rewire them. Ultimately, it was my fault though. I flew aircraft for a while, and it's the Pilot in Command's decision, you can disobey the Tower if you feel you need too because ultimately, it's your fault if you flub the landing. That M.G. hauls A $ $ though. This one will do around 120 mph (they maxed out at 75 mph when stock, if you were lucky), but the rear end has paid the price, I have a new solid axle to put in, but I need a heavier built one. I'll probably be changing it to a 4 link set up too. .

Comment

Thinking I should clean my strainer since I have the gasket set for it. Nly 4,000 miles on it but it probably sat for years with the same oil in it. It's a Veshra gasket set and they look correct so far but it is missing the stator and starter cover gaskets and they are pictured in the listing. The exhaust really needs a good polishing and the bottom of the engine also. Winter project.

Comment

OP, I hope you can source the OEM gasket. I had to do a pan replacement twice on my 650G a few years ago. It had a very badly done re-ream job done on the drain plug hole. First ebay pan installed, then found it weeped oil and a small puddle overnight. Not the gasket, the ebay pan had a hairline crack in it that was nearly invisible and I didn't notice it. Sourced a second ebay pan and all new oem bolts, two sizes. Pulled the crappy aftermarket exhaust off once again. That time was good. Thankfully, you could still get the gaskets from Suzuki at that time. That and many others for that bike are now NLA. Glad that I got some others at the time that I needed later, like clutch cover and early correct cam cover gasket. Not the first time I had to do a crappy job twice.

Like NCGS mentioned the Hylomar blue is good stuff. You want it to tack up. It was recommended for things like sealing base of cylinders on old BMW airheads. I think there are a number of Hylomar tagged products now, but the Blue was it. BMW used to recommend the 3 Bond ("drei bond")? The Yama-Suzi bond sealers have a good rep but I never used them. Just checked and Suzi bond is NLA.
            1981 Suzuki GS650G

Comment

Worse comes to worse, get a roll of the rubberized gasket material and make one. It isn't that hard really. I've had to make so many, and many times they come out better than the 40 year old ones your getting from the O.E.M.
              Last edited by Suzukian; 12-01-2022, 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
              X