Bugged by pushrod seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bugged by pushrod seal

Just replaced my pushrod oil seal after the cases are back together i put some oil inside the case bore and a little bit of vaseline around the seal itseld lined it up by finger and then used the old seal and a small hammer to tap it in. What i am seeing is that the old seal that i got out had a <<lip>> on the top that was lining up to the coresponding groove on the cases the new one i got didnt have this lip it was smooth all around and as a result the seal is NOT flush with the cases its just a hair bit <<sunk>> in the hole that now seems the retaining plate is not doing much on this particular seal anymore to keep it in place. Is this normal?? Do i need to use another retainer plate if using the seal without the lip?? The back of the seal has 4 leg like rubber things that i assume are there to bottom it out against the bearing so i dont think i tapped it too much
    Last edited by Kara25; 03-14-2023, 10:02 AM.
    GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

As long as it doesn't leak, you should be fine. There's virtually no force on the seal itself, just a rod going through it.

Comment

Suzukian well soon we will see i guess if it leaks or not i am planning by saturday to have it fire up for the first time
      GS674 Hybrid -1965 Vespa 90 -1958 BMW R26

Comment

Working...
      X