2023, bad year for clutches, suzukipart_dot_com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2023, bad year for clutches, suzukipart_dot_com

Now that I have new brake pads, rebuilt shock, mirrors, rebuilt starter on my old neglected 94 GSXR1100W grocery getter, noticed now the clutch is starting to slip under load. I used to get all my parts from Bike Bandit. With them being bankrupt, looking for a new source for stock parts. Any suggestions? I saw suzukipart_com, looks decent. Any experience with them?

I can only say good thing about Ron Ayers about OEM parts.

Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha OEM motorcycle atv and side by side parts with a full line of aftermarket accessories.
    Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
    Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Another thumbs up for www.Ronayers.com

Comment

Thanks. I should have checked the manual. I'm used to pulling the clutch on my old GS after every pass. Figured a 10 minute job tops. Then there came the C clip, followed by the 50mm nut. Looks like the root problem is the hydraulics are bad in the hand lever assembly. So more parts and tools coming in.

Comment

Picked up a used lever assembly and rebuild kit for it. New plates and tools to pull it apart. Sorted best parts from the two lever assemblies. Mine was in rough shape from the last time I had slide the bike on a corner. Rebuild kit came with all new seals, spring, secondary piston, C clip and washer. Flushed the system a few times and it's now very smooth.

With the new tools, went to pull the clutch pack. 200nM would not turn bust that 50mm nut loose. Had to hit it with the impact. Not impressed. It's not designed for a quick change out. Stupid smaller rear friction plate. Washers in place of the coil springs for the plate pressure.

Larger plates were had a bit of a burn but that stupid smaller plate fell apart. Lots of flushing to clean it all up.

GSXR1100W_plates.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X