Oil leak from Clutch seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
    But this side panel…. I don’t know what to say. My mom said “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all”. I guess I’ve said too much already.
    How about "don't quit your day job."

Sorry.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I got it off! I went slow and used a lot of PB blaster and I didn't even strip one screw. I used a impact but I also used a long handled JIS screwdriver I loosened it while tapping it with a rubber mallet and it worked though it didn't seem like it was gonna work then it did. My question is how do I get this out now? I don't understand how to get the pinion out. I looked at the parts fiche and theres a seal at the bottom but I don't understand how to get it out. You can see the bottom of it in the photo. I can spin the top at theirs a bit of a notch but i can't get a grip on it to hold it. I also from the parts fiche it doesn't seem like the seal on the bottom is threaded on. Anyone know how I'm suppose to get this off?
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

I'm still totally stumped on how to get the pinion out of the clutch cover. It isn't even mentioned in the shop manual as far as I can tell. Anyone have any advice?
        1981 GS 850G

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X