camshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feder1100 View Post
    Just looking at manuel I have, has o-rings with cyl.base gasket. thought I had to use them base does not leak now, hope its sealed up dont want to do it twice.Do you measure piston around where the pin goes through for size and what size is stock 81 1100 piston this book that came with bike has different size for different model or something dont quite get it??
    Stock pistons are 72mm and the 1166 kit is 75mm.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by feder1100 View Post
      Just looking at manuel I have, has o-rings with cyl.base gasket. thought I had to use them base does not leak now, hope its sealed up dont want to do it twice.Do you measure piston around where the pin goes through for size and what size is stock 81 1100 piston this book that came with bike has different size for different model or something dont quite get it??

if the jug needed the orings you got lucky lol, motor gets hot oil gets like water, the orings are prolly precautionary from factory, ive seen it on other bikes, yea measure piston at the pin and the skirts, some pistons have smaler crowns so they go by the widest part of the piston, "the pin area", book will not have specs on a big bore piston, if there wiseco pistons you can check there site if your "mic'ing them.
      are you worried about the piston to cylinder clearances? go by the piston manufacturer's specs, always- some pistons are different ,and have different tollerances, "some need more clearance"

Comment

Working...
      X