No announcement yet.

Some pics of Blowerbike's nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have ever pull the threads out of a stock hub nut, you know the value of the ape hub nut. Cases and clutch hubs are a bunch more $$$ than the nut. Only did that once. the nut is cheap insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
      As far as the chrome-moly, the drag guys, or better still, engineers or metalurgists would know better...
      Nah...don't ask this drag guy....
      All I ever ran was the stock nut with a beat up lock washer and no locktight...
      Never had an issue.
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

when the threads pull out of a clutch hub nut nothing really gets hurt.
        nothing blows a part like a clutch basket w/ a stock backing plate.
        what happens is that the clutch becomes direct drive which means that when you pull the clutch in the bike keeps goings because the clutch pack does not release.
        worse case senerio is that the basket pump gear disengages and you lose oil pressure.(this rarely can happen because of lack of room for movement)

the reason i had TCK post these pictures is that i had mentioned about using 1150 hub nuts before and someone later on came back and said the 1150 nut was not any different than the 1100 hub nut.
        well...
        the proofs in the pictures.
        use what you want..
        if you want the best buy Jays HD nut.
        if you want better than stock 1100...pick up an 1150 nut.
        if you don't care or you ride like your driven miss daisy.. then don't worry about the size of your nuts.

Comment

That guy was ME!

The yellowish nut is the one that i had - and the blackish nut is the 1150 nut i ordered on bikebandit.

Comment

I count ~4 threads on my nuts and from TCK's pictures the ape and 1150 nut have more than 4.

Comment

so has Suzuki superseded the 1100/1150 clutch hub NUTS part numbers?
              Last edited by blowerbike; 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM. Reason: :)

Comment

Remember, BikeBandit doesnt use Suzuki Part numbers. And lately, they seem to phuck up. A LOT. As a matter of fact, I have quit ordering from them. THREE times in a row they sent me the WRONG valve cover gasket for a 80 550. They sent me TWO of the same part once, and then, because you cant call them, but have to explain the problem to them online, it took me 30 minutes to explain to this young lady they'd sent me TWO ignition cover badges, and I needed ONE and ONE stator cover badge.. Then I gave them one MORE chance, ordered my Progressive springs through them, I got the damn springs before I got the damn shipping invoice or tracking info. Im done with them. They used to be good, but, as it seems happens with many of these companies when they start getting a bit too big for their britches, they start having quality issues.

At any rate, Its absolutely possible that the part number is superceeded, but its also absolutely possible that BikeBandit simply shipped you the wrong part.

Ed, where did you order yours from??

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                  so has Suzuki superseded the 1100/1150 clutch hub part numbers?
                  If you are referring to the INNER hub, yes. They all now have the 1150 steel insert for the splines where it goes on the input shaft. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post

Ed, where did you order yours from??
                    I ordered though Bike Bandit and received the gray 1150 nuts.

Occasionally I get the wrong part though BB but I tend to blame Suzuki for that since it's occurred just as many times order though other places as well as BB.
                    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                      If you are referring to the INNER hub, yes. They all now have the 1150 steel insert for the splines where it goes on the input shaft. Ray.
                      ray,
                      i am talking about my nuts...not the inner hub

Comment

so has Suzuki superseded the 1100/1150 clutch hub part numbers?
                        Then try typing in the word "NUT" next time instead of "hub"!!! LOL!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholaschase29 View Post
                          I count ~4 threads on my nuts and from TCK's pictures the ape and 1150 nut have more than 4.
                          APE nuts have more that 4 threads on them- are you sure it's not just hair?

Comment

Working...
                          X