Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small leak

Hi all,

I noticed a very small leak today from the bolt thats on the engine behind the down pipes (centre).
    Its not really a worry to me as its very slight, and I did try and tighten the bolt and I put a cardboard sheet on the floor underneath for the last 3 days or so and only a 20-30mm drip patch showed up.

Any idea what is causing it? I dont want to over tighten it either as its threaded into the engine.

Thanks
    Seanie

sounds like maybe one of the bolts for the oil pan? probably a leaking oil pan gasket, could be a simple fix but you should track the oil drops to the source.

Comment

Hi,

Where you see the drip may not be from where it's actually leaking. What bolt is it again? Where is it located? Is it an oil pan bolt? An oil filter cover bolt? A case bolt? Oil leaks tend to migrate around these engines. To be sure, clean the engine thoroughly and use some spray powder in the suspect areas. Check for the wet spot. That leak could also be coming from the tach cable seals (easy fix), cam chain tensioner (easy but inconvenient fix), valve cover gasket (easier fix), or the base gasket (not so easy fix).

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
      X