Jerky when changing gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerky when changing gears

1983 gs1100- The bike will jerk forward when I have both wheels on the ground and shift from neutral into first gear. The jerk is somewhat prominenet going from neutral to first but very prominent going from neutral to second. Especially noticeable when the choke is on. What could be the problem? Rear wheel also spins quickly when bike is on center stand, in gear and clutch depressed.Do I need to make some adjustments?

Thankyou!

Originally posted by ddeboer View Post
    1983 gs1100- The bike will jerk forward when I have both wheels on the ground and shift from neutral into first gear. The jerk is somewhat prominenet going from neutral to first but very prominent going from neutral to second. Especially noticeable when the choke is on. What could be the problem? Rear wheel also spins quickly when bike is on center stand, in gear and clutch depressed.Do I need to make some adjustments?

Thankyou!

Download a manual from BassCliff's site. Sounds like the clutch needs adjustment. It is dragging a little.

Post a picture of your bike

Comment

if the chokes on then the engine is at higher than idle RPM.
      if the engine's revving higher than idle and you stomp it into gear it will jerk/pull/snap/crackle/pop ect..

i am starting to get confused about your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        if the chokes on then the engine is at higher than idle RPM.
        if the engine's revving higher than idle and you stomp it into gear it will jerk/pull/snap/crackle/pop ect..

i am starting to get confused about your questions.
        I think he must be fiddling with it and looking for symptoms

Comment

Confusion

My apologies if my questions appear confusing. I've just recently purchased the bike and don't really "know" it yet. I've just had some observations about some percieved crankcase area noise and shifting concerns.

Thankyou for your advice.....

Comment

Working...
          X