max safe overbore on 1100 cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

max safe overbore on 1100 cylinders

What would you guys consider to be the max safe over bore on stock 83 1100 cylinders with out sleeving for street use at around 10.25 compression ?

From what I understand 1166 is the biggest you can go on the stock sleeves.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

re

75mm is the max, and that is the 1166 mentioned.

Comment

If you want to go bigger, get an 1150 block & go 77mm bore for a 1229cc motor! Ray.

Comment

Im trying to figure out what I have, I bought the Craigslist pooch 83 Katana 1100 in Wyoming cheap that was supposed to be a 1400, which it cant be. It has a pro ported head on it and some healthy cams & compression. Its supposed to be a Yoshimura ported head & cams. I rebuilt the carbs & installed all the missing parts & it sounds really healthy, you can feel the compression 6 ft behind the pipe idling. I only bought it because Ive been wanting a Katana forever & this is the first one Ive found. Im starting to wish Id have left it in Casper where it was. Not charging, rubber glove fingers stuffed in as pilot jet plugs, pilot air jet missing, choke parts missing , all of which I had, missing all kinds of stuff, brake pedal, fairing mounting parts etc. win a few, lose a few, I paid a grand for it & can always Ebay it in parts if worse comes to worse. Definetly a Kat 1100 motor with 24 bolt valve cover. The intake ports do look pro ported
            Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2010, 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

82/83 1100's used the 24 bolt VC.
              the only way to be able to call your head a "pro head" is to remove it and measure the valves.
              people lie/some people pass along what they was told which was a lie.
              things are never what they appear most the times.
              i doubt anything in the motor is yosh stuff.
              does this bike have vacuum carbs installed also?
              if so,
              it makes no sense to use factory CV carbs on a "pro" engine.
              this is just my opinion and the things i have ran into over the last 20 years of GS buying/selling/racing/and repairs for customers.

Comment

I just meant the porting job on the intakes itself, I know the BS was flowing heavily. Yes, I asked the same question about the stock carbs too. What can I say, I wanted it at that price. Gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough ! I meant it looked professionally done not pro stock quality

Comment

As I see it, you wanted a Kat, and got one at a price you were prepared to pay, so there is a win, you took the BS with a pinch of salt, good.
                  The worst is, you now have some work to do, to start enjoying the Kat you have always wanted.
                  Congratulations on the buy, I hav no doubt you are are going to enjoy it.
                  Oh, yes.....we like pictures....lots of 'em.

Comment

Im just barely above computer illiterate so Ill have to figure out how to post pictures. Hard to teach old dogs new tricks

Comment

Woodman, give me a call at 714-356-7845 & I will be glad to help you out. I've been building & racing GSs for over 30 years & would rather give you some of my time than see you give up & part this bike. Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X