Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

listen to my engine and exhaust

Hi everyone,

I went out and recorded the sound of my engine and the exhaust and wanted to get your feedback on what ya'll hear. 1982 GS300L - just bought it for $500...

I used a cheap $7 microphone and i do think it affected the quality of the sound, it definitely didn't record the mid and lows of the sound the bike makes but i thought perhaps that might make it better to identify any high pitch sounds that may signal trouble. the bike was standing on the center stand on neutral.

the first file is a recording with the microphone right next to the engine is mostly idle with a bit of throttle, and then at the 0:38 i gave it much more gas, and noticed a different sound as if i was giving it "too much" gas (I assume this is possible no? especially for just sitting there?) unfortunately my bike doesn't show RPMs

the second file is also right next to the engine but giving it a lot of gas.

the third file is a recording with the microphone by the exhaust.

thoughts?

guess it sounds ok.

Comment

I don't hear any bad sounds, I think. Are you concerned about a hesitation when it is cold? I think that is normal unless it does not go away when it is warmed up. In that event you may need to check for air leakage at the boots and may want to check the carbs out. Ray
      "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
      GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
      1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
      1979 GS1000SN The new hope
      1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Working...
      X