gs750es engine interchange to gs1100e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs750es engine interchange to gs1100e

Hi this is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm off in the location or ettiquite, but I searched & couldnt find my answer. I had an 82 gs100ez, greatest street bike ever, got rid of it like a young fool. I have a line on a "really clean" gs750es I'm thinking of getting but I want to know I can swap in a 1100 or 1150 motor at a latter date. I've done a 89 kattana with a bandit 1200 motor, but I really miss the old gs. I know alot interchanges, I think headers , something about a 750 slingshot head rings a bell. I kinda want to know if it the engine bolts up & what motor parts interchange. Could I change the jug & crank to make it an 1100? Any help would be greatly appreciated & if this works out I have many questions to come. Thanks

Originally posted by 81cr450 View Post
    Hi this is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm off in the location or ettiquite, but I searched & couldnt find my answer. I had an 82 gs100ez, greatest street bike ever, got rid of it like a young fool. I have a line on a "really clean" gs750es I'm thinking of getting but I want to know I can swap in a 1100 or 1150 motor at a latter date. I've done a 89 kattana with a bandit 1200 motor, but I really miss the old gs. I know alot interchanges, I think headers , something about a 750 slingshot head rings a bell. I kinda want to know if it the engine bolts up & what motor parts interchange. Could I change the jug & crank to make it an 1100? Any help would be greatly appreciated & if this works out I have many questions to come. Thanks
    The 1100 engine bolts right in, might have to make a few motor mounts, easy stuff.
    I rode one, very nice. Go for it.
    The '80-'82 750 engines suck.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      The 1100 engine bolts right in, might have to make a few motor mounts, easy stuff.
      I rode one, very nice. Go for it.
      he said ES
      that would be an "83"

he really needs to verify the year though.
      if 80-82 750 then its a bolt in except for the bottom triangles thats not needed anyways.
      none of the engine parts interchange between the 750 and the 1100/1150(no hard parts).

Comment

Yep!
        Whoops!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

More info

Yeah its definitly an 83 / es square headlight with the fairing. It has less than 5000 mile & a real jewel stored inside. I'm a horsepower junkie though , cr/kx500's ,stroker banshee's, BBC's, & I could ride it like it is for awhile while I built up a stout 1100 motor but if an 1100 doesnt fit I'd do better finding an actual 1100. It's just a smokin deal, not a million miles away & not worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            You rude bugger!

I love my '81 3/4.
            Still.. An 1100 would make it..erm, interesting.

Just curious, how much frame, swingarm, fork bracing would be involved?

What would you guys recommend as necessary upgrades if this engine swap is done?

Comment

Fun toy

I cant imagine much, if any, in the way of extra gussetting. My guess is more in the way of stiffer fork & shock springs maybe heavier duty brakes. I had an 80 gs550g too ,never rode it it was just parts,& the bike looked pretty well the same frame & swingarm wise just single nonvented disk up front though

Comment

I've been looking into this swap a little bit too but I don't think the 1100 will swap with the 83 750... It's been suggested that a GSXR oil cooled motor would fit....?

Been watching this thread with interest.

You might find the info on Old Skool Suzuki. Seems to be a lot more modification going on over there. http://www.oldskoolsuzuki.info/

I already have the forks & brakes to cope....

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks

That is a gorgous bike, I really like how you've gone back to the round headlight. Lot of time well spent there. I've kinda wondered if I shouldnt go with the next generation set up. The 90's katana 650-1100 will all accept the bandit 1200 motor from what I've heard. I just had the gs1100 as my first streetbike at 18 & nostalgia gets the better of me. I didnt realize how much bike it was. B-king, Bandit 1200, or GS1100-1500 ?????.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                    I've been looking into this swap a little bit too but I don't think the 1100 will swap with the 83 750... It's been suggested that a GSXR oil cooled motor would fit....?

Been watching this thread with interest.

You might find the info on Old Skool Suzuki. Seems to be a lot more modification going on over there. http://www.oldskoolsuzuki.info/

I already have the forks & brakes to cope....

Beauty Dan!

Comment

Originally posted by 81cr450 View Post
                      B-king, Bandit 1200, or GS1100-1500 ?????.
                      A B-King conversion would pull your brain out through your ears.
                      'Tis a monster motor that thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X