GSX750F Engine into an '81 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSX750F Engine into an '81 750

OK guys, I'm just curious.. (I did have a search and couldn't find anything)

Would the late model GSXF, you call them Katanas, oil cooled engines fit into an '81 750E frame?

Would it all line up fairly easily?
    Electrical issues?

I had an '01 750 a while back and loved it. Fat and ponderous though it was, it could boogie along when required.

not even close to a bolt it.

Comment

Oh.
      Bugger.
      There goes Plan A.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

There is plenty of room to fit that engine, you just need different engine mounts.

Comment

Aah ok.
          I have fabricators as mates, so that wouldn't be too bad.

It was just something I was mulling over in my addled head last night.

I see this bike as a continuing work in progress.
          My last few bikes have been late model stuff that you don't get to tinker with.
          I missed that, hence the GS now in pride of place.

Comment

Over on OSS there are templates for the mounts you need, I cant post a link because of their crappy website

Comment

Thanks, mate. I'll go and have a wander through when I get some time.

Comment

I'd love to see a diagram of those mounts, but can't them on OSS. Not real easy to navigate.

Comment

I copied this image off their page, you get there starting from their main page and clicking on GSX/EFE Katana, then under 'articles'

Comment

Well that don't seem too dang hard. Push comes to shove, take these plans to a machine shop and have them crank them out. Have my eye on a 1996 Kat 750. That's still oil cooled right? Dude wants it gone since it has 6 bills in back fees. Just happens I have a 750 with none. Hmmmmm. This could be fun!

Comment

You won't have any issues making room for it. They even fit in the '83 and up frames.

Comment

I'm thinking my best option is to take the harness, exhaust, carbs electrics etc from the Kat right?

Comment

Working...
                        X