83 GS650 Intake manifolds ???????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 GS650 Intake manifolds ???????????

Hey all, while taking off my carb i ripped the rubber boots off the metal bases on the intakes. (only way I could get the carb off) So now im ready to put it all back together and realized that the rubber boots were factory sealed to the metal bases...... Any good tricks on reattaching these? I found alot of manifolds on Ebay but they are pricey, does anybody know of another type of bike that the manifolds wuld match up on? I know i need a 38 mm but am unsure what other metal base peices will mount up properly to my head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Rh 13110-47010 lh 13120-47010 $35 @
    650 & 550 motors
    Go to AlphaSports.com and put the part #s in the search box
    Last edited by Guest; 03-22-2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Those are called intake boots. They are one piece molded and run about $40/ea. You can't repair them unless you happen to do injection moldings. The carbs do come out without ripping them up with a little patient wiggling back and forth and pulling outwards at the same.
      If they ripped that easily they were rotten and junk anyway.

Comment

Unfortunately you'll need new ones if you want the bike to run. Taking chances on a set of used might be an option also.

About 25 bucks each. Heh, and people say HD(Harley Davidson) stands for hunny dollas.
        Parts for these bikes aint cheap if you seek new.
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Hi,

Yes, you'll have to buy new intake boots and O-rings. See the Air Intake Repair guide on my website for the process.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

lol thanks guys, and yea patience is key . Ok thanks guys, always a help!!!!!

Comment

01 suzuki bandit fit

I saw these on eBay and asked the seller to measure them. Inner diameter is just under 1.5 inches and bolt spacing from middle hole to middle hole is just uner 2.75 inches. Thats what i measure on mine so i think im going to buy them and hope like hell they fit!

Comment

The carb holes dont look centered with the mounting screws.
                sigpic

82 GS850
                78 GS1000
                04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                .................________-|___\____
                ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Hi,

I don't think those will fit either. Buy new ones along with new intake O-rings. Then you won't have to worry about it for 20 years or so.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                  X