valve clearence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve clearence

I have the type with rocker and set screw and locking nut to adjust intake and exhaust valve,Had a few that were off now I am worried about locking nut coming loose,got it as tight as I can with small wrench.Cant get torqe wrench on it??? locktight>> and advice

Are you using an open or a box end wrench? I'd recommend a box end wrench, you get a better grip on that. As for loctite, I'm not sure it would hold up in the high temp environment. Snug it down well and keep your ears open for any noises is how I do it.

Comment

Thanks just wouldnt like to see any of them things come apart ..

Comment

if you plan to keep the bike or any more like it, I would definitely get the valve adjustment tool from Z1.

Well worth it as you will likely knarl up the adjusters without it.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

the feelers work well also and much easier than using a regular sized feeler gauge.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
        Last edited by posplayr; 03-30-2011, 03:26 AM.

Comment

NEVER use an open end wrench or Loctite on rocker arm nuts! Always use a box end wrench or the special tool. No thread locker is required when done correctly. Ray.

Comment

Working...
          X